28 yr old Christian jailed for murdering 70yr old

Just for the record I am a Christian...and I have a Gay son...of whom I am very proud.

I do not think for one minute that using an old biblical remedy against a Gay man was appropriate...

So are you saying being homosexual is not a sin in Christianity ? - that people can have sex with whomever they wish, whether same (sex) or otherwise ?

So are you saying being homosexual is not a sin in Christianity ? - that people can have sex with whomever they wish, whether same (sex) or otherwise ?
No, because God is a man and understands how jealous men feel therefore has made laws to reflect that attitude, with no room for deviation from what a real man wants :lol:

Any disaster is bad, what's up with you?

You said the bad things in the bible were created by man.

I responded showing a bad thing that happened in the bible that you believe was done by "god".

You really should read your (and others' posts) properly.

I think she is saying that stoning is a big no-no. :)

Why not let the poster answer before muddying the waters (especially when you try to answer a question that was not asked)?

This is truly one of the most sickening things that we've ever heard.

A 28 year old Philadelphia man named John Joe Thomas has been charged with first degree murder after he admitted to police that he stoned a 70 year old gay man named Murray Seidman to death.

According to authorities, Thomas read the Old Testament and became convinced that homosexuals should be stoned to death. After Seidman allegedly made repeated homosexual advances on him, he beat the man about ten times with a sock he filled with rocks.

It's currently unclear what kind of relationship he had with Seidman, but the two apparently spent every day together, and the younger man was the sole executor of his will.

So disturbing, bizarre, and tragic.

Our thoughts go out to Seidman's family and loved ones, and we sincerely hope that Thomas comes to understand the gravity of what he did.

whacking someone over the head with a sock full of stones isnt stoning him to death,it's bludgeoning to death with a cosh,

stoning is when your buried up to your waist and rocks are thrown at you by the gathered mob/crowd

You said the bad things in the bible were created by man.

I responded showing a bad thing that happened in the bible that you believe was done by "god".

You really should read your (and others' posts) properly.

Why not let the poster answer before muddying the waters (especially when you try to answer a question that was not asked)?

The flood certainly wasn't the work of man (true), and I responded by saying that people attribute natural events to God (true).

I also said that bad things are done by men, to men. (Also true)

ALSO julado was talking about stoning and the question was about sex.

Quote:

Originally Posted by julado

Just for the record I am a Christian...and I have a Gay son...of whom I am very proud.

I do not think for one minute that using an old biblical remedy against a Gay man was appropriate...

Archived