28 yr old Christian jailed for murdering 70yr old

If you've got a "direct connection" to an all knowing superbeing then why are your arguments so feeble?

Why are you forced for example to simply ignore those who point out that both the Old and New Testaments are deeply homophobic?

Surely with your all powerful sky pixie giving you tips you should be able to completely wipe the floor with posters who only have their own knowledge and intelligence to draw on. Yet this quite obviously is not the case, why not?

Because my life consists of more than just a thread on a forum.

If you've got a "direct connection" to an all knowing superbeing then why are your arguments so feeble?

Why are you forced for example to simply ignore those who point out that both the Old and New Testaments are deeply homophobic?

Surely with your all powerful sky pixie giving you tips you should be able to completely wipe the floor with posters who only have their own knowledge and intelligence to draw on. Yet this quite obviously is not the case, why not?

Julado isn't homophobic in fact she loves them and so does God.

"Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men."

Because my life consists of more than just a thread on a forum.

This is just the kind of pathetic response I was talking about. I in no way suggested that this thread was your whole life and you know it. You have no response to what I did post so instead all you can to is launch a feeble personal attack. If you've got a 'direct connection' to an all knowing superbeing then surely you should be able to swat aside unassisted humans with ease but you obviously can't.

This thread may not be your 'whole life' but the sheer number of posts you've made in it, would suggest you place atleast some value upon it.

So my simple question is with a superbeing as your copilot why are the posts you've made in this thread of such low quality?

Why have you for example still failed to respond to my pointing out that both the Old and New testaments are homophobic, surely that question should be child's play for someone with superhuman assistance?

Just found this on a different thread......

Thank God no one was killed.

Which God would that be exactly then Flowersfade????

Isn't it strange when we feel fear for something....a sick relative....an accident...something out of control....we say things like this.

And when it is looking grim some of us ask God for help...or that a situation will be ok....as in the example quoted.

I am confused as to why someone who mocks me then praises God that no one was killed. :)

According to the bible Jesus threatened those who aren't convinced by the pitiful arguments laid out in the bible with eternal torture. How exactly does that 'demonstrate... forgiveness'?

I will take your word that the bible says that. The bible says all sorts of weird stuff. It's up to you whether you believe it or not. You've only got to have a little knowledge of the gospels to realise that each is a different perspective of events.

Call me a 'pick n mix' Christian, or whatever you like but in spite of what you might find in the bible, I believe that God is a loving God who sent Jesus to teach love and not hate, so I believe homophobia is at odds with the true spirit of Christianity.

Do I take every word as it's written in the bible, as it is, without question? No. I'm critical of what I read in newspapers, as it is written of man, why should I take everything on face value from the bible? Maybe if I spent years studying the bible in more depth then I might understand why these things were written but life's too short, sorry. I have to go with what I feel to be true.

This is just the kind of pathetic response I was talking about. I in no way suggested that this thread was your whole life and you know it. You have no response to what I did post so instead all you can to is launch a feeble personal attack. If you've got a 'direct connection' to an all knowing superbeing then surely you should be able to swat aside unassisted humans with ease but you obviously can't.This thread may not be your 'whole life' but the sheer number of posts you've made in it, would suggest you place atleast some value upon it.

So my simple question is with a superbeing as your copilot why are the posts you've made in this thread of such low quality?

Why have you for example still failed to respond to my pointing out that both the Old and New testaments are homophobic, surely that question should be child's play for someone with superhuman assistance?

Do you believe that, really?:hihi:

We've all got the same power. We're all the same. God only had one son, and that's the collective.

I will take your word that the bible says that. The bible says all sorts of weird stuff. It's up to you whether you believe it or not. You've only got to have a little knowledge of the gospels to realise that each is a different perspective of events.

Call me a 'pick n mix' Christian, or whatever you like but in spite of what you might find in the bible, I believe that God is a loving God who sent Jesus to teach love and not hate, so I believe homophobia is at odds with the true spirit of Christianity.

Do I take every word as it's written in the bible, as it is, without question? No. I'm critical of what I read in newspapers, as it is written of man, why should I take everything on face value from the bible? Maybe if I spent years studying the bible in more depth then I might understand why these things were written but life's too short, sorry. I have to go with what I feel to be true.

I feel the need to explain this further. You know when you hear or read something, and you might think that the majority of the text is a load of codswollop that has no real meaning to you, but then, something will just jump out at you, and you know in your heart that it's true?

This is just the kind of pathetic response I was talking about. I in no way suggested that this thread was your whole life and you know it. You have no response to what I did post so instead all you can to is launch a feeble personal attack. If you've got a 'direct connection' to an all knowing superbeing then surely you should be able to swat aside unassisted humans with ease but you obviously can't.

This thread may not be your 'whole life' but the sheer number of posts you've made in it, would suggest you place atleast some value upon it.

I have already said I don't need a book. I live in this modern world...not one of 2000+ years ago. My post to you was not intended as a personal attack at all and if you feel that it was then I apologise.

My point of posting on this thread was to show that not ALL Christians are homophobic...as was the murderer of the gay man.

What constituted as sin in the Bible 2000+ years ago and the methods of punishment metered out at that time would not be appropriate in today's modern world....hence my posts on stoning.

I have chosen a path of Acceptance...of this world as it is now. Some of the problems of this world will not be resolved using ancient books of ANY religion. In fact the MISINTERPRETATION of those books by men who, in positions of authority, fail to put God's love before their own prejudices is enough to make me not want to read what the Bible (or any other religious book) has to say.

I know in my own heart what is right FOR ME...because it comes from a higher authority than any man.

I am a Christian...a believer in the message of Jesus Christ. The message being to love everyone and to go out and make disciples. I don't need any more than this. I am not religious...the two are divisible....religious means following doctrines and rules....made by man....and written down by man.

I hope this gives you some understanding of where I am coming from :)

I agree with you there :D

Archived