28 yr old Christian jailed for murdering 70yr old

A judge in a court of law would tell you that if you have transgressed the law, whether you believe in it or not, and even if you did not know that particular law existed you are still guilty of breaking the law.

Still nothing to do with the biblical interpretation of sin.

I will take your word that the bible says that. The bible says all sorts of weird stuff. It's up to you whether you believe it or not. You've only got to have a little knowledge of the gospels to realise that each is a different perspective of events.

Call me a 'pick n mix' Christian, or whatever you like but in spite of what you might find in the bible, I believe that God is a loving God who sent Jesus to teach love and not hate, so I believe homophobia is at odds with the true spirit of Christianity.

Do I take every word as it's written in the bible, as it is, without question? No. I'm critical of what I read in newspapers, as it is written of man, why should I take everything on face value from the bible? Maybe if I spent years studying the bible in more depth then I might understand why these things were written but life's too short, sorry. I have to go with what I feel to be true.

And this belief is based upon what exactly? In the gospels Jesus threatens those who don't accept his message when vicariously carried to them by his followers with worse suffering than endured by the people of Sodom.

Luke 10:10-15 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.

Sodom of course being a city that according to the Old Testament, which Jesus is of course referring to with approval in the above passage your 'loving' sky pixie totally destroyed massacring children & all.

So on the one hand we have the Old and New Testaments chock full of unpleasantness like Luke 10, which would suggest that if your god is 'love' it's a nasty, jealous, possessive controlling "love" of wife beaters who eventually murder their wives & children. What are your grounds for claiming that the Christian god is defined by a different kind of love?

What's that then in your opinion?

Co-habiting, for one, is a biblical sin. Which is also not a criminal offence.

Adultery is also a biblical sin, yet is also not illegal.

There are many more "sins" listed in your favourite book.

Co-habiting, for one, is a biblical sin. Which is also not a criminal offence.

Adultery is also a biblical sin, yet is also not illegal.

There are many more "sins" listed in your favourite book.

I was really wanting to know how you define sin as a concept.

Maybe if I spent years studying the bible in more depth then I might understand why these things were written but life's too short, sorry. I have to go with what I feel to be true.

Lol, classic!

'If there are parts of the bible that seem nasty, it must just be that I don't understand them properly'

What tremendous intellectual fortitude!

And this belief is based upon what exactly? In the gospels Jesus threatens those who don't accept his message when vicariously carried to them by his followers with worse suffering than endured by the people of Sodom.

Luke 10:10-15 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.

Sodom of course being a city that according to the Old Testament, which Jesus is of course referring to with approval in the above passage your 'loving' sky pixie totally destroyed massacring children & all.

So on the one hand we have the Old and New Testaments chock full of unpleasantness like Luke 10, which would suggest that if your god is 'love' it's a nasty, jealous, possessive controlling "love" of wife beaters who eventually murder their wives & children. What are your grounds for claiming that the Christian god is defined by a different kind of love?

I have heard similar things from loving parents and I have heard many people baying for the blood of those who have wronged them.

Archived