28 yr old Christian jailed for murdering 70yr old

I'm father (to my daughter), I'm in heaven (home), and my presence is with you (Holy Spirit). I am three in one but I am only one (God).

Thanks for creeping me out Grahame.Get your presence out my house before I call the exorcist.

Did I really?

who is your God Julado?.

The one who created the beauty of this Earth...who created me...and you.

FOR ME it is the one who sent his only son (John 3:16) to die for our sins....who was crucified as King of the Jews...who was buried and on the third day was resurrected....and from whose sacrifice I am given eternal life....both here on Earth and later in Glory.

I could ask the same question to you....who is your God???? But I don't need to...I respect that we may not have the same beliefs....and I would not ask you to justify yours...as you have mine...I have no need to. :)

I will take your word that the bible says that. The bible says all sorts of weird stuff. It's up to you whether you believe it or not. You've only got to have a little knowledge of the gospels to realise that each is a different perspective of events.

Call me a 'pick n mix' Christian, or whatever you like but in spite of what you might find in the bible, I believe that God is a loving God who sent Jesus to teach love and not hate, so I believe homophobia is at odds with the true spirit of Christianity.

Do I take every word as it's written in the bible, as it is, without question? No. I'm critical of what I read in newspapers, as it is written of man, why should I take everything on face value from the bible? Maybe if I spent years studying the bible in more depth then I might understand why these things were written but life's too short, sorry. I have to go with what I feel to be true.

Lol, classic!

'If there are parts of the bible that seem nasty, it must just be that I don't understand them properly'

What tremendous intellectual fortitude!

Is the part of your quote, I have emboldened, your words and way of thinking? They definitely weren't mine.

I have no idea why such things appear in the bible and I honestly do not wish to spend significant amounts of time attempting to find out. All I know is that they are at odds with the teachings I believe to be of the one true God.

I'm father (to my daughter), I'm in heaven (home), and my presence is with you (Holy Spirit). I am three in one but I am only one (God).

I always thought the holy trinity was:

1. The father

2. The son

3. The holy spirit

Your trinity appears to be only a duo, do you have a source for your version?

No, it was you, actually.:)

:huh: No it wasn't, the line of argument that someone with a physic link to an all knowing superbeing should be able to come up with some half way decent arguments, which Julado is sadly unable to do, in no way requires a belief that any such being or beings actually exist.

Similarly the line of argument laid out by numerous people in this thread that natural disasters are hard to reconcile with the common claim by theists that their god exists and is both all powerful and all loving, doesn't require a belief in any such god.

It really is sadly indicative of the moral and intellectual cowardice of theists that they are so often reduced to the level of pretending that to enter into a discussions about the supposed qualities of any proposed god or gods and how compatible those qualities are with reality in some way requires a belief in the god/s under discussion.

Archived