28 yr old Christian jailed for murdering 70yr old

Why did the OP say he's Christian?

If you read the post it says "Thomas read the Old Testament and became convinced that homosexuals should be stoned to death". So there's a religious motivation, although I reckon the man must also be a complete nutter.

Just for the record I am a Christian...and I have a Gay son...of whom I am very proud.

I do not think for one minute that using an old biblical remedy against a Gay man was appropriate....if the young Christian man felt the attention from the Gay man was unwanted then he could have just said so.

I do find that the Christian man has a very unfortunate name though and maybe the Gay man thought it was some sort of advertisement rather than a name. :hihi:

If you read the post it says "Thomas read the Old Testament and became convinced that homosexuals should be stoned to death". So there's a religious motivation, although I reckon the man must also be a complete nutter.

Old Testament - mmm...these were the ancient Jewish laws - well before the birth of Christ. Some Christians still hang on to these old laws completely missing out the fact that Jesus Christ (and thus the New Testament) said nothing more than to love everyone and go out and make disciples. I am a New Testament Christian...I don't want none of the Old Testament rubbish :)

Old Testament - mmm...these were the ancient Jewish laws - well before the birth of Christ. Some Christians still hang on to these old laws completely missing out the fact that Jesus Christ (and thus the New Testament) said nothing more than to love everyone and go out and make disciples. I am a New Testament Christian...I don't want none of the Old Testament rubbish :)

With respect this isn't about you at all but about the Christian guy who apparently regarded the old testament as part of HIS Christian religion. Possibly by being called 'the Old Testament' it is undeniably part of Christianity and not up to how individuals pick and choose on other Christian's behalf what to believe and what not to.

With respect this isn't about you at all but about the Christian guy who apparently regarded the old testament as part of HIS Christian religion. Possibly by being called 'the Old Testament' it is undeniably part of Christianity and not up to how individuals pick and choose on other Christian's behalf what to believe and what not to.

Christianity dates from around AD 29.

Christianity dates from around AD 29.
Was that when your God took on the lease for the earth or was it the same God that the Christians believe created the world from scratch? If from scratch then I contend it began at the beginning and not when you choose recognise it in your arbitrary time line. Is this a suggestion that God is not perfect and makes mistakes which needed people sat on internet fora today to correct what God meant? Maybe God could do with a website of his/her own?

The old testament is not called that because it is part of another religion but an inherent part of Christianity of old. Any changes to suite sensibilities are recent and therefore an addition to the original.

How do you square that with Jesus explicitly saying "I have not come to abolish the law?"

Historically that's nonsense I'm afraid. The disciples of Jesus and the man himself all obeyed pretty much all of mosaic law, as did the early Christians, it wasn't until decades/centuries later that people started to think that the old laws didn't apply anymore.

The man in the op's beliefs are almost certainly much closer to Jesus' own beliefs than yours are.

Historically that's nonsense I'm afraid. The disciples of Jesus and the man himself all obeyed pretty much all of mosaic law, as did the early Christians, it wasn't until decades/centuries later that people started to think that the old laws didn't apply anymore.

The man in the op's beliefs are almost certainly much closer to Jesus' own beliefs than yours are.

So when Jesus stopped the Jews stoning the woman caught in adultery he was following Old Testament law!!

Archived