28 yr old Christian jailed for murdering 70yr old

Grahame- if you wish to take part in a discussion then maybe you should read these rules which outline how a discussion takes place.

People should follow that flow chart. I'm willing to tell you about Christianity and answer, to the best of my ability, any questions you might have.

This is truly one of the most sickening things that we've ever heard.

A 28 year old Philadelphia man named John Joe Thomas has been charged with first degree murder after he admitted to police that he stoned a 70 year old gay man named Murray Seidman to death.

According to authorities, Thomas read the Old Testament and became convinced that homosexuals should be stoned to death. After Seidman allegedly made repeated homosexual advances on him, he beat the man about ten times with a sock he filled with rocks.

It's currently unclear what kind of relationship he had with Seidman, but the two apparently spent every day together, and the younger man was the sole executor of his will.

So disturbing, bizarre, and tragic.

Our thoughts go out to Seidman's family and loved ones, and we sincerely hope that Thomas comes to understand the gravity of what he did.

This is the topic Grahame we have all strayed because of the bizarre things you come out with. We do not want you to give us your version of Christianity, merely discuss the topic that is what a dicussion is. The probable reason this heinous crime happened is because people read fiction and tend to follow what they perceive as the truth and in this case he probably thought he could plead diminished responsibility and inherit his victims money

This is the topic Grahame we have all strayed because of the bizarre things you come out withy. We do not want you to give us your version of Christianity, merely discuss the topic that is what a dicussion is. The probable reason this heinous crime happened is because people read fiction and tend to follow what they perceive as the truth and in this case he probably thought he could plead diminished responsibility and inherit his victims money

You are making too many assumptions and your imagination is working overtime. This is what you do with Christianity.

This is truly one of the most sickening things that we've ever heard.

A 28 year old Philadelphia man named John Joe Thomas has been charged with first degree murder after he admitted to police that he stoned a 70 year old gay man named Murray Seidman to death.

According to authorities, Thomas read the Old Testament and became convinced that homosexuals should be stoned to death. After Seidman allegedly made repeated homosexual advances on him, he beat the man about ten times with a sock he filled with rocks.

It's currently unclear what kind of relationship he had with Seidman, but the two apparently spent every day together, and the younger man was the sole executor of his will.

So disturbing, bizarre, and tragic.

Our thoughts go out to Seidman's family and loved ones, and we sincerely hope that Thomas comes to understand the gravity of what he did.

It's difficult because he is obviously unhinged- would he have done this anyway without reading the OT? I think that he probably would have but no doubt he squared it with his own conscience because he believed in the Bible's dogma.

It's difficult because he is obviously unhinged- would he have done this anyway without reading the OT? I think that he probably would have but no doubt he squared it with his own conscience because he believed in the Bible's dogma.

If he was following the Bible why didn't he stone his victim instead of hitting him over the head with a cosh.

If he was following the Bible why didn't he stone his victim instead of hitting him over the head with a cosh.

He probably, like you, interpreted the bible to suit his own ideas.

ie.. "Hmm it says stoning, well, these are stones I'm putting in this socks, so it's stoning"

He probably, like you, interpreted the bible to suit his own ideas.

ie.. "Hmm it says stoning, well, these are stones I'm putting in this socks, so it's stoning"

Exaclty, the same reason why everyone who reads the Bible interprets it in their own way such as you and I.

Exaclty, the same reason why everyone who reads the Bible interprets it in their own way such as you and I.

Well, I don't read the bible as such, just the occasional few stories out of it once in a while. I don't interpret it either, i just take it word for word, as fiction.

I'm willing to tell you about Christianity and answer

Most don't care.

What most people care about is the thread title, which is about someone using religion as an excuse for a homophobic attack.

Well, I don't read the bible as such, just the occasional few stories out of it once in a while. I don't interpret it either, i just take it word for word, as fiction.

Sorry, my reply was aimed at Grahame but you interpret it the same way as I- as a work of fiction.

Archived