After Japan's problems should we have new nuclear power stations in the UK?

New nuclear power stations in the UK?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. New nuclear power stations in the UK?

• Yes. I don't see what all the fuss is about.
    • Yes. We have no choice.
    • Ok. But not in my backyard.
    • No. Thanks.
    • No. Are you crazy?!

We need nuclear power stations to keep Richard Caborn rolling it in develop even bigger nuclear bombs than our enemies solve the nation's energy crisis.

What we should do though, is not site them on a bunch of fault lines, like the crrrrrrrazy Japanese, unless you want to expose hundreds of thousands of people to potentially lethal doses of radiation.

I suppose we could instead put them in North- and East- Sheffield, where all the steelworks are - the locals wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

x

The government's planning a load of new nuclear power stations for the UK. Do we want them?

I don't think there is more than one person in ten thousand qualified to have an opinion on the issue. The mathematics of safety are very complex, and very few people understand them properly - worse still, most people don't even realise that they don't understand them properly.

I don't think there is more than one person in ten thousand qualified to have an opinion on the issue. The mathematics of safety are very complex, and very few people understand them properly - worse still, most people don't even realise that they don't understand them properly.

You don't need to know a great deal about nuclear power to be aware of the pros and cons.

We know that it's pretty safe but we also know just how bad things can get when things go wrong.

I'm very much aware that my understanding of safety issues regarding the complexities of 'Nuclear' (Thikipedia was no help) are not full enough to develop a sound or reasoned judgement to answer the question so instead i'll say this...... err!

We need nuclear power stations to keep Richard Caborn rolling it in develop even bigger nuclear bombs than our enemies solve the nation's energy crisis.

What we should do though, is not site them on a bunch of fault lines, like the crrrrrrrazy Japanese, unless you want to expose hundreds of thousands of people to potentially lethal doses of radiation.

I suppose we could instead put them in North- and East- Sheffield, where all the steelworks are - the locals wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

x

A big new building in S9 with tall towers, that'll be a mosque then. So no, we would not be able to tell the difference! :huh:

A big new building in S9 with tall towers, that'll be a mosque then. So no, we would not be able to tell the difference! :huh:

You sir, are a genius!

Disguise a nuclear power station as a Mosque, complete with minarets (cooling towers) and a dome (where the nuclear reaction thingy takes place).

Brilliant :D

x

Archived