Does God owe his fallen angel an explanation?

I'm not having a go at you. At least you were original.

To a degree.

Well the thought occurred to me after reading posts by a SF member who's a modern day Satanist, and from looking more into it off-forum, it seems that modern Satanism isn't actually about worshipping Satan, but more like following his example (lol, ask yourself "what would Satan do?" I'd love to see bumper stickers of that) - as far as I can tell from the limited sources i found, they don't view Satan as evil, just someone who "lives" fairly justly, doesn't interfere with others but doesn't take any crap from others either.

There's more to it than that but I'm not an expert on the subject.

So it got me looking into why we think Satan is evil, and other than him disobeying God and rebelling, there's not much more to it that I can see. That's why I started that thread. This one seems pretty similar but about God's role in it. I think.

Well the thought occurred to me after reading posts by a SF member who's a modern day Satanist, and from looking more into it off-forum, it seems that modern Satanism isn't actually about worshipping Satan, but more like following his example (lol, ask yourself "what would Satan do?" I'd love to see bumper stickers of that) - as far as I can tell from the limited sources i found, they don't view Satan as evil, just someone who "lives" fairly justly, doesn't interfere with others but doesn't take any crap from others either.

There's more to it than that but I'm not an expert on the subject.

So it got me looking into why we think Satan is evil, and other than him disobeying God and rebelling, there's not much more to it that I can see. That's why I started that thread. This one seems pretty similar but about God's role in it. I think.

Well I'm quite against satanism for many reasons but, that aside...

Think of it like this...someone does something to hurt you, and you didn't deserve it, you are angry, and so you want to hit back.

What happens?

Well I'm quite against satanism for many reasons but, that aside...

Think of it like this...someone does something to hurt you, and you didn't deserve it, you are angry, and so you want to hit back.

What happens?

I hit back, as I'm guessing you'd expect...

(also, I was talking about Modern Satanism, not to be confused with Satanism, or Garden Variety Satanism. Made that last one up BTW)

Archived