Does God owe his fallen angel an explanation?

If you find that kind of thing not for you I suggest you don’t do it. No one is forcing you to take part. Religion on the other hand constantly tries to impose its standards on those who feel it is for them.

Trying to force people’s choice is against free will. And since to violate free will violates the most fundamental tenet of all spiritual progress your insistence brings about its opposite. If someone wants to slather themselves in peanut butter and roll around naked while boning whoever that is where they are. I would find it silly and a bit empty personally but vive la difference I say.

They may do this for a while and tire of it. And learn from the heart that it isn't for them. In this case a real spiritual movement has taken place volitionally, not extrinsically at the authority of some mediator.

People may go dogging, and love the experience. Some will go and feel it is empty and demeaning. You don’t unite man/woman with the "holy spirit" by the imposition of rules of conduct. You get tightly wrapped hypocrites whose repressed feeling causes them to be cruel and judgemental.

If anyone is imposing their views it is you and all the other atheists.

Sexuality being a good example. It is totally natural for us to express our sexuality in the way we feel most comfortable with. Yet religious ideas of sin have condemned vast numbers of people to misery.

It doesn't stop people indulging in all sorts of fetishes and there are things like swingers clubs, massage parlours, dogging and goodness knows what else goes off in the night clubs and gay bars, and you tell me people don't do it because of religion! What utter rubbish.

I love how Grahame mentions the above things as though they are a bad thing.

(He forgot to mention that some people keep photos of unhygenic acts, offering to distribute them on request :hihi:)

EDIT:

Actually Grahame, nowhere does Rowan say that people DON'T do it because of religion.

What is actually said is "that religious ideas of sin have condemned vast numbers of people to misery"

One of your problems in understanding the outside world is probably that you change what people say, so it means something else to you. This puts you at odds with everyone. You should try reading posts carefully and not be so eager to interpret them differently.

I love how Grahame mentions the above things as though they are a bad thing.

(He forgot to mention that some people keep photos of unhygenic acts, offering to distribute them on request :hihi:)

EDIT:

Actually Grahame, nowhere does Rowan say that people DON'T do it because of religion.

What is actually said is "that religious ideas of sin have condemned vast numbers of people to misery"

One of your problems in understanding the outside world is probably that you change what people say, so it means something else to you. This puts you at odds with everyone. You should try reading posts carefully and not be so eager to interpret them differently.

I always get the sense when dealing with many Christians that if J.C were there to see and hear their take on things he would be shaking his head mournfully!

I suspect he might feel that they just weren’t getting the whole “let he who is without sin cast the first stone” memo.

If anyone is imposing their views it is you and all the other atheists.

Atheists don't impose their views on anyone and just point out the stupidity of the religions. The religious people however go and knock on peoples doors and try to convert them, scare people by carrying placards announcing that the end is nigh, tell people they are born of sin, say its wrong to be gay, go to war in the name of God and announce that Christianity is the only true religion. When you talk to them they seem to be divided on exactly what they and their religion believe in. Then when that fails they try and tell people that its because of the devil and his influence.

Atheists don't impose their views on anyone and just point out the stupidity of the religions. The religious people however go and knock on peoples doors and try to convert them, scare people by carrying placards announcing that the end is nigh, tell people they are born of sin, say its wrong to be gay, go to war in the name of God and announce that Christianity is the only true religion. When you talk to them they seem to be divided on exactly what they and their religion believe in. Then when that fails they try and tell people that its because of the devil and his influence.

...ask them why they think the devil is bad and they're stumped! So far the only reason given was "BECAUSE HE JUST IS!"

...ask them why they think the devil is bad and they're stumped! So far the only reason given was "BECAUSE HE JUST IS!"

I don't know why but you just reminded me of the Blackadder scene where they are looking for Satan during one of the witch trials. Rooms full of yokels and this big red Devil replete with pitch fork shaking his head "No I can't see him"

Said to me that the average theist can't see what is right in front of him for good reason. We become what we hate don’t we?

I always get the sense when dealing with many Christians that if J.C were there to see and hear their take on things he would be shaking his head mournfully!

I suspect he might feel that they just weren’t getting the whole “let he who is without sin cast the first stone” memo.

It is the atheists who are casting all the stones.

It is the atheists who are casting all the stones.

You mean stones like these?......

It doesn't stop people indulging in all sorts of fetishes and there are things like swingers clubs, massage parlours, dogging and goodness knows what else goes off in the night clubs and gay bars, and you tell me people don't do it because of religion! What utter rubbish.

Why do you make out as though these things are bad?

Swinging- consenting adults comfortable with sharing sexual partners

Massage Parlours- okay the unwritten proffession behind the doors isn't strictly legal (depending on how it's carried out) but again, consenting adults, and before you pipe up, it's only adultery if they are married

Dogging- consenting adults comfortable with being watched or watching others, occasionally joining in

Nightclubs and Gaybars- are nightclubs and gaybars

What problem do you have with these?

Oh, hello.

Any questions?

I do have a question actually.

Why is God prepared to forgive all mankind for their sins but not the sins of Satan?

Why is God punishing Satan for introducing Adam and Eve to free will?... doesn't God want mankind to have the freedom to decide?

Archived