Can't wait for the clocks to go forward

Depends.

There's more traffic on the roads when school starts (8:00-9:00) than there is at the end of the school day (now-a-days around 15:00).

How much of that traffic is mums doing the 'school run'?

If the children went to school an hour later in winter and school currently ends at 15:00 then they'd be out at 16:00 (before the rush hour) and the morning traffic would be better spread out.

I was told that if you could take all the hands off all the cocks in Dore you would live to reach 100.Perhaps that is what motivates wind up willy

:hihi::hihi: Maybe so.

All I know is that he only charges us £3.00 and it's at least a 10 minute drive to the furthest annexe.;)

I suppose having modern cars makes his life a little easier here, as they update themselves.:hihi:

I wish they would keep it on summertime all year round, I prefer the lighter evenings, and before anyone says anything I start work at 6am and dark mornings are not a problem.

I always promised myself that when I retire I shall keep the clock on summertime all year round, time will tell. :)

There's a bill currently going through parliament to keep summertime in winter and have summertime +1 hour in summer.

So GMT+1 in Winter, GMT+2 in Summer. We would be on the same time zone as the rest of western Europe.

I really hope the bill gets passed as it would be brilliant to have those extra hours of daylight in the evenings and it gets light far too early in summer under the current system.

There's a bill currently going through parliament to keep summertime in winter and have summertime +1 hour in summer.

So GMT+1 in Winter, GMT+2 in Summer. We would be on the same time zone as the rest of western Europe.

I really hope the bill gets passed as it would be brilliant to have those extra hours of daylight in the evenings and it gets light far too early in summer under the current system.

Fingers crossed. :)

No it doesn't

How much of that traffic is mums doing the 'school run'?

If the children went to school an hour later in winter and school currently ends at 15:00 then they'd be out at 16:00 (before the rush hour) and the morning traffic would be better spread out.

Then working parents would not be able to fetch their children from school...

However much some folks would like near 24 hour daylight, you can only mess around with "daylight saving" to make a pretty marginal difference and even then you never suit everybody.

I must be weird as I like dark evenings and winter:hihi:

Archived