What happened to Beaties?

eighty4

Originally posted by eighty4

Who remembers beaties ? They used to have a shop which is now maplin electronics across from the peace gardens ? Is maplin now beaties is it the same company with a different name ? I used to love beaties :-)

all the anorak types died off and there wasn't enough boring people left to keep the shop going,so it shut:)

Originally posted by Internetowl

I want to buy a rocket kit - anyone know where I'm likely to get one in Sheffield. Beatties used to sell them....but are long gone.

There's a model shop at Shalesmoor on the corner near the post office that may possibly do them.

And another near the GT at Fitzalan Square. Might be worth a shot.

Ok so you remember beaties and uncle arthurs, does anyone remember Tandy ? what happened to that place ?

Also does anyone remember a shop called fona ? It was similar to tandy, If i remember rightly Bridget Nielson used to be the women who was on the adverts on tv for it

Originally posted by eighty4

Ok so you remember beaties and uncle arthurs, does anyone remember Tandy ? what happened to that place ?

Also does anyone remember a shop called fona ? It was similar to tandy, If i remember rightly Bridget Nielson used to be the women who was on the adverts on tv for it

Tandy are Maplin and are still called Tandy in the states :)

Originally posted by Hook

Tandy are Maplin and are still called Tandy in the states :)

Actually Tandy was the European division of Radio Shack, founded by Mr Charles Tandy, they closed in the UK in 1999/2000 & sold their stores to The Carphone Warehouse.

Maplin Electronics is a totally seperate company that started in Westcliffe on sea.

I remember fona, wasn't there one in Meadowhall for a short while? Somewhere near Johnathon James's I think, it was Bridget Nielson in the ads.

What about Connect? Electrical shop, near JD Sports on Pinstone Street, you got a free screwdriver and plug with everything you bought!

Archived