Worst rush hour traffic routes to avoid Sheff-Rotherham Hospital

Nebby

I'm car sharing to work. What's the best route to Rotherham District General Hospital from Sheffield? Work starts 9am. Google maps says it'ld take half an hour. But with rush hour traffic, will it?

I've been told to avoid Parkway.

I have to pass through Brookhill Roundabout and have been told to avoid it though.

Would traffic be bad if I go past Meadowhall and into Rotherham on the A6091, past the train station and around on the ring road?

Would the M1 from J34 to J33 be terrible?

Any help would be great, thanks!

I travel from Broomhill sheffield to rotherham via the A6091 every morning also passing Brookhill Roundabout. can be slow at times around here but journey up to rotherham takes average of 35-40 mins. i avoid the parkway. traffic not bad at all around meadowhall even though i pass it around half 8.

45 mins you should be fine

hope this helps

I travel from Broomhill sheffield to rotherham via the A6091 every morning also passing Brookhill Roundabout. can be slow at times around here but journey up to rotherham takes average of 35-40 mins. i avoid the parkway. traffic not bad at all around meadowhall even though i pass it around half 8.

hope this helps

yep I'd agree. its a nightmare sometimes.

hope this helps

Thanks! This helps a lot.

I'm going to start driving everyone tomorrow, hope we'll be on time for work!

After many years of travelling to Rotherham for a 9am start i have found the quickest way is definitely The Parkway. From Park Square roundabout to Rotherham Hospital will take you about 15mins. All the traffic is coming into Sheffield and you will get a clear run all the way to Catcliffe J33.

If you go down past Meadowhall add on another 5-10 mins and be prepared to stop at every set of traffic lights. There are a lot of traffic lights!

Archived