Mobile phone stolen!!

My teenager had their Blackberry stolen last week by some VERY unsavoury characters. Phoned the phone company straight away to inform them and they said they would put a block on the phone so it was useless to anyone who tried to use it. However on further questioning it turns out that the phone could be unblocked if the peson knows,or knows of someone, able to do this. But the lady said not to worry cos that was illegal!!!!!!

HELLO!!!!!!!!

Surley in this day of age the phone companies could develop something that totally kills a phone once its been reported stolen.

Anyhow no doubt the druggie skum sold it within hours for a hit and someones feeling rather proud of themselves for obtaining a blackberry at a good price

Plenty of our asian freinds and their phone shops unblock phones, no questions asked for about £25. Legit phone shops ask for proof of purchase or ownership first, if you aint got it then as I said some other scum will do it. Init a mess we can't make phones self destruct if stolen or tampered with by helpful frends.

They should have an explosive device in them so when u report it stolen.........BOOM. Take that scumbag.

I like this idea!!

only the other day my friend had theres took off them!! 3 of them cornered her :rant:scumbags....x

I have various types of software that unlocks most phones, it's not that hard to get hold of.

The difference is unlocking a phone, say from an old contract isn't illegal, but the removal of an IMEI block could land someone in prison for five years and your common geek like me wouldn't be able to do this anyway.

The IMEI block doesn't take effect for upto 24 hours sometimes also.

Archived