Mobile phone stolen!!

I have various types of software that unlocks most phones, it's not that hard to get hold of.

The difference is unlocking a phone, say from an old contract isn't illegal, but the removal of an IMEI block could land someone in prison for five years and your common geek like me wouldn't be able to do this anyway.

The IMEI block doesn't take effect for upto 24 hours sometimes also.

Is this the difference between unblocking and unlocking?

Is this the difference between unblocking and unlocking?

Yes.

But some of the phones don't even get the IMEI reprogrammed to remove the block, they just send them abroad where the block isn't in place (another network provider, they don't share their blocks across foreign networks)

There's quite a few of the dodgy phone shops in sheffield that unblock phones, all they do is key in the IMEI number and change a couple of digits. This can lead to a prison sentence, there was a couple of cases of this around the country last year if I remember.

I have had my phone stolen once and have lost two. Then I am really clumsy and often break them. I have learnt to always have phone insurance. If you go online you can get cheaper deals

I agree that we should have insurance but the point of my post is that the phone company say they can block the phone from being used again - therfore making it useless to the thief - But this is not the case!

do you think the phone companies are bothered, you'll buy a new one.....

but the point being I will buy a new phone whether the theiving toe rag is using the old phone or not - so surley better all round if it is made impossible for them to use or sell as a useable phone!

They should have an explosive device in them so when u report it stolen.........BOOM. Take that scumbag.
I believe Israel's Mossad pioneered and mastered this technique quite some time ago.

So, if your mobile ever gets nicked by bona fide muslim terrorists, there's a chance ;)

Archived