Mobile phone stolen!!

For most new smartphones you can enable/install security apps, mine has one when it detects a new simcard inserted, it texts me the gps location.

But wouldnt you need a second phone for that? if they pinch your phone and the SIM card then what number would it go to?

we lost a phone a while ago it was blocked by the company and also had pin to logon to phone so we thought it would be safe

about a week after we lost it someone phoned us from the phone to say they had our phone and appologised for it taking so long but they had to wait for theyre son to come over to unlock it etc so they could phone us and return it which they actually did

at least they were honest but as they had got through the pin and the network block it makes me wonder how safe they are

but the point being I will buy a new phone whether the theiving toe rag is using the old phone or not - so surley better all round if it is made impossible for them to use or sell as a useable phone!

I understand your point but they can't disable the phone only the sim surely. It's the unlocking that should be looked into.

I understand your point but they can't disable the phone only the sim surely. It's the unlocking that should be looked into.

with all the tecnology around these days surely they could devise something along the lines of a code that needs to be entered to activate a phone every time a new sim card is entered- say the owners date of birth which could be supplied at time of purchase??!

Archived