You can tell its spring!!

The big bees around are queen bumble bees that have hibernated. All the rest die in the autumn and the queen starts a new nest in the spring. You'd be very unlucky to be stung by a bee. Leave them alone and they'll not bother you, they're too busy.

Wasps are a bit different, they can be persistent and get stroppy if you swat at them, but mostly they'll leave you alone if you ignore them.

Where does the expression birds and bees come from?.

you should ask Cressida :blush: But it has something to do with sort of germination of the species and that in the grass but I am not an expert by any means thats why I refer you to the person from whom I get all my information and it can be quite explicite but it's all theory, no practicals.:nono:

But the slugs and snails are not.

But they don't come looking for a fight.

But they are slimy and messy.

And they eat strawberries.

But they won't go near coffee grounds. (Or so I was told on this forum last year.)

I've already started my 'coffee grounds collection' and this year I'm going to build defensive walls around my strawberry plants!

Archived