Energy bills are complex and unfair

If you think our tariffs are complicated you want to try getting and understanding a supply from EdF in France... I ended up writing a computer program to optimise the use of power to make it more cost effective!
Funnily enough, recently we did just what truman suggests above, and gave EDF (who do supply in the UK) the boot last week.

For combined gas/leccy supply, over £25 p/m saved relative to last year, and way over £50 p/m saved relative to what EDF proposed for this year :gag:

And yes, je sais exactly what you mean. After deciphering their bills, and assuming you still want more grief for your pennance :D, you'd also want to try getting one of their engineers out about a faulty distribution panel (guesstimated as dating back to early to mid 1970s!) 4 months and 3 visits to eventually replace it :rolleyes:

I know EdF supply in the UK - I was referring to their French system. Ever met the red/white/blue day schemes and the offpeak? You can end up with electricty costs swinging in cost by over ten times in teh depths of winter if you don't watch for the signal the previous even telling you it's about to get rather silly....

not if you are on payg energy!!!

They won’t be concerned about people like you. You are a nice little opportunity for the parasites to charge top dollar because you don’t have the power economically to switch. You are therefore a none entity (in their eyes), undeserving of fairness and a warm home. Same old story the poorer you are the more you pay. Only the “little people” pay taxes after all. Not that I expect any of the rich to care.

I was referring to both ;)

You mean the tempo option of the blue one? Yup...for my sins :rolleyes::hihi:

It's rather eccentric to say the least but it does work well. People wonder why I have storage heaters until they see the price off the off peak cheap rate power (have to keep the nuclear tea kettles ticking over so they more or less give it away).

Then they see the price of day electricity and nearly die of shock if it's a red day...:-)

Archived