Help with finding the right diet

Hi All

Anyone know a good diet to loose weight.

I want to loose about 2 stone and know there are alot of fad diets out there.

I want to do this steady so that I can control it once I have lost it.

Anyone recommend any good diets?

Thanks

What size plate do you eat from?

Buy some plates which are ⅔ the diameter of the ones you use at the moment, put your usual plates away and use the new ones.

Fill them with (proportionally) the same amount of food you are used to putting on them. (No heaping it up and no seconds.:hihi:)

Your plate will still be full, but you will be eating about 45% of what you usually eat.

We were talking in the pub (so you can guess how dumb this will be) about diets and we have a theory that your brain uses a lot of calories and if you do a lot of thinking your brain uses more calories. This theory was based on an observation that most computer programmers are thin.

Portions are important too, even if you eat the right foods eating too much is just as bad. I stopped playing rugby about 6 months ago, carried on eating the same food as always and have really clapped on the weight! Don't eat a lot of processed foods or refined sugar, drink water more than anything else bnut I used to really put some volume away at dinner then burn it off. Not doing the burning off so much anymore :-(

The only way to lose weight healthily and still eat lots of yummy food is totally cut out sugar, wheat, processed foods and alcohol, for the first fortnight at least do not eat any of them and stay away from sugar forever, have a vodka and soda water but keep away from beer! Beer contains oestrogen so all the men with moobs who drink lots of beer are turning into women!! :hihi:

Once you cut the crap out the weight drops off and I am proof it works, I've gone down 2 dress sizes in a month of just cutting that out. It is hard at the beginning as we are addicted to sugar but get over that and it is easy!! However you stil have to excerise though as no diet will work unless you do some excercise, forget cardio try pilates, it is easier and tones you up very nicely.

Remember to treat yourslef now and again as a lot of people fail on diets when they try to live like a total saint. Curry and a couple of beers every month was my thing when in training. Means you have something to look forward to :-)

Remember to treat yourslef now and again as a lot of people fail on diets when they try to live like a total saint. Curry and a couple of beers every month was my thing when in training. Means you have something to look forward to :-)

curry n a beer every month,oh dear i like that 1nce a week!

Archived