Pavillion Sports Bar, Swallownest - Help Please

I live in Swallownest only been to the pavillion once or twice many years ago but it seemed ok to me - I actually thought it was where elderly men drank on a sunday not young people boozing on a friday night but things change. I wouldn't let it put you off personally.

I live in Swallownest only been to the pavillion once or twice many years ago but it seemed ok to me - I actually thought it was where elderly men drank on a sunday not young people boozing on a friday night but things change. I wouldn't let it put you off personally.

Thanks for your help appreciate it, suppose I really need to call in for a pint to make my mind up.

Tom

Alright but that isn't what this post was supposed to be about. Not that I want this to carry on but I have a few mates at Killamarsh and Eckington who would say they live in Sheffield.

You're right it isn't but you did make a statement regarding the voracity of people who know it isn't in Sheffield and the movement of such posts.

You're friends are technically incorrect - although of course it's entirely up to them if they wish to claim to live in Sheffield.

i live in swallownest (sheffield ha ha) and i think you will be fine on the main road, its a nice place to live.

Thanks I am headed up tonight for a pint. It's just hard to judge the area as we live very far away at the moment so a trip over is quite an expedition especially after work.

You're right it isn't but you did make a statement regarding the voracity of people who know it isn't in Sheffield and the movement of such posts.

You're friends are technically incorrect - although of course it's entirely up to them if they wish to claim to live in Sheffield.

I have a question for you regarding why things are moved then? There has been a thread in the going out in Sheffield part of the forum about nights out in Doncaster. you can't include Donacaster in Sheffield surely?

Hi Mr Trigger as you know I live in swallownest and love the place, wouldnt move anywhere else....been here for more or less 24 years and never had a hint of bother...

The sports bar is on the main rd and I have never been in there....as it is mainly a snooker pavilion

I have drove past at night and seen maybe a handful of people stood outside, prob smoking never seen any fighting or anything

I really cant imagine people living on the rd opposite being troubled

I hope this dosent put you off Swallownest.....it has far more positives than negatives

I think you are wise to to pop up in an evening and just observe the place first to put your mind at rest

good luck

Archived