Still completely stuck for in between ideas (wedding-reception!)

Hi all

I STILL haven't figured out how I will fill the gap between my 10.30 wedding and 7pm reception.. eek!

I am guessing I can say that I will have done (ceremony, photos etc), by 12.30 tops and my reception (Beighton) doesn't take 6+ hours to reach!

At the wedding there will be family, extended family if they come, a few close friends (and their OH's/kids etc). Everyone else is later on.

I was going to go for food and just say if you want to come, come, but pay for yourself, but if I am honest I think it's a bad idea to have everyone stay out all day eating (and probably drinking)- especially if wherever we go is not near the reception. I would like to stay out with the Mr and maybe family only but just don't know where. The smaller the numbers to more likely I could stretch to paying (if nothing too expensive).. saying that I doubt it as things are piling up and money is tight.

Need to be able to make it clear that wedding invites are for just that- wedding only (and evening reception of course)- but not the 'in between' part. And that if I do go for a meal I will have to say family only as once you invite one friend.. you have to invite the rest etc. Everyone coming to the wedding lives in Sheffield so it's not about travel. At the end of the day we are only asking that they come to town for a couple of hours on a Saturday morning to witness us wed and if they can't/don't want to that is fine by me.

As for the family, where can we go? We are talking 16 close family and probably a few not so close family. Maybe the Best Man and his boyfriend (not sure if it would be rude not to invite them along for meal etc- I don't have BM's except my own 2 young daughters and young niece). Somewhere either in town or near Beighton for a nice sit down meal that doesn't cost the earth? Not Damons!!

Ideas? Was thinking down by the canal? Near the Theatres? Those who are coming to the wedding by car would have to stump up a fair bit in parking to stay in town all day (and find a space!)...

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP! Hehe xx

What about Ego next to the winter gardens? They do a fixed menu during the day, they seem to have lots of specials on, or 40% off your final bill if you sign up to the newsletter. I ate there at Xmas and the food was good, and good quick service too. Recently have eaten at Piccolino's, which again is great but not cheap.

If you go on Money saving expert there are usually plenty of vouchers for places like zizi's and strada (both in Leopold square), but both quite good too. If you're wanting near Beighton there's Phoenix at Ridgeway or the pub at the top of Mosborough (but not sure of it's name), Or the Mossbrook near the crossroads heading towards Eckington. All FAb!

I will check all of the above out. If I say close family and best man + 1 only, that's only 18 people so at, say £5-6 PH that's £90-£108 (buy your own drinks hehe) which could be doable. Surely £6 is enough for a simple lunch.. I hope x

I went to most of the resturants/pubs around the town hall today looking for the same: we've chosen the Bessemer (used to be the fountain) on leopold street

http://www.partyatthepub.co.uk/bars/the-bessemer/

Paid a £50 deposit (which they take off the bill on the day) and they are letting us have the whole of the upstairs and are offering us a good deal on the food for 36 of us :) they seemed really flexible and enthusiasic about making it a nice day. We had our luch there and have also eaten there before and really enjoyed it!

• 2 weeks later...

we too are going to the Bessemer and for 41 adults and 9 children it will cost us less than £500 which compared to the hotel we were goin to use has saved us £1500!!!!! i am paying a little of mine off each week as i go in there every week and there is no room hire charge either. just £50 deposit which comes off your bill for food xxxx excellent staff and really will bend backwards to help you xxx

Archived