Is there any point in getting married?

Many modern marriages end in divorce, often children are involved, often the split up is messy and the children are the ones who suffer the most. So , given the statistics why do people bother getting married any more? It is merely a way of subsidising vicars anyhow.

I used to tell my apprentices to find a woman they did,nt like and buy her a house to save a lot of time:roll:

If people enter marriage with this view point there's no wonder so many fail!

It's about only getting married if its what you really want and when you do take those vows, thoroughly understanding them and meaning every letter. All too often it seems that "until death do us part" is interpreted as "until it no longer suits". :huh:

It's about only getting married if its what you really want and when you do take those vows, thoroughly understanding them and meaning every letter. All too often it seems that "until death do us part" is interpreted as "until it no longer suits". :huh:

Or until I get bored/someone better comes along.

Awwwwwwwwwww....sentimentalists are my favourite types of people.....sometimes.:)

Archived