Is there any point in getting married?

I disagree. It depends how hard you work at it. Both people have to give and take and also get through the bad tikes and that makes the good times better. I have been very happily married for 25 years, and have been through bad times when we had very little cash at all. Now Im on a not bad wage and got some money behind me and are having better times when its not a struggle. But because we have got through our cash worries and other things that happen, it has made us stronger people for it and we love and appreciate other more. I have never felt like leaving mrs daftlad

I bet that she is the only one who will put up with you!:hihi:

I don't see the point in getting married.

I do see the point in finding someone you want to spend a long time with and perhaps have a family with, though. Just not the state-or-church-approved rituals associated with same.

Think of all the presents you'll miss out on Jessica. It's not cheap furnishing your first home you know, besides , marraige will give you an excuse to put weight on:D

I bet that she is the only one who will put up with you!:hihi:

I think my wife says she stays with me because she loves me and that i always make her laugh and am forever surprising her with things. but you also be right artifact. I think being able to laugh at things and keep surprising you partner is a major thing in marriage rather let it get humdrum and just an existence. in fact my friends wife once said to my wife, is he this funny all the time and joking about, she thought it was lovely

Awwwwwwwwwww....sentimentalists are my favourite types of people.....sometimes.:)

Well, what other reason would there be to get married? I genuinely cannot abide by people who do it for money/security or for any other reason than the fact that they have met the one they want to spend the rest of their life with.

Think of all the presents you'll miss out on Jessica. It's not cheap furnishing your first home you know, besides , marraige will give you an excuse to put weight on:D

If there's a more depressing thing in existence than the wedding list, I don't want to know about it. And I certainly don't need any excuses for putting weight on :hihi:

I don't see the point in getting married.

I do see the point in finding someone you want to spend a long time with and perhaps have a family with, though. Just not the state-or-church-approved rituals associated with same.

I thought like this until my OH asked me - and then I did want to marry. It just felt right. 20 years on it still does.

Well, what other reason would there be to get married? I genuinely cannot abide by people who do it for money/security or for any other reason than the fact that they have met the one they want to spend the rest of their life with.

Love is the best reason to get married. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.:love:

Love is the best reason to get married. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.:love:

I still remember those four little words I said when I proposed to our lass.

"you're not are you"

Archived