Is there any point in getting married?

HEY...come on now! You are in love and have been for many years. It is the best way to live.

it certainly is. i must admit when ive had a bad day at work i just cant wait to get home and give the mrs a hug, it just lets me know what my main priority in my life is and why i go to work

Many modern marriages end in divorce, often children are involved, often the split up is messy and the children are the ones who suffer the most. So , given the statistics why do people bother getting married any more? It is merely a way of subsidising vicars anyhow.

I don't disagree with most of your way of thinking. Never been the 'marrying' type myself, although, I don't think the 'children's suffering' is affected by a split in the marriage. Couples have kids OUTSIDE marriage, and split up, which also affects the children. So, that is not an aspect of marriage disasters per se.

• 6 months later...

Archived