Purgatory what's that all about then?

I'm just curious we never really here about it.

According to mythology and trust me it is mythology, purgatory was a place that souls went to who had not been completely good in life but on the other hand not deserving of hell either. Purgatory was a stage where they would have a mild taste of hell but a chance to redeem themselves at some later time and ascend to heaven

According to mythology and trust me it is mythology, purgatory was a place that souls went to who had not been completely good in life but on the other hand not deserving of hell either. Purgatory was a stage where they would have a mild taste of hell but a chance to redeem themselves at some later time and ascend to heaven

Thanks so it's like dieting then. :)

A bit like guantanamo bay?

I think purgatory, heaven and hell are visually well depicted in this film, "In what dreams may come"

This is only a trailer but if I remember right, according to it, you generate your own heaven/hell/purgatory based on your own likes/dislikes.

LOL what is purgatory though?.

A sort of waiting room for catholic sinners:

purgatory /"p@;g@t(@)ri/

· n. (pl. purgatories)

1 (in Catholic doctrine) a place or state of suffering inhabited by the souls of sinners who are expiating their sins before going to heaven.

having spoken at length with one of the sheffield catholic priests on what is purgatory i'll tell you what I know.

no one on here has it right, purgatory is not for the "not so bad but not so good" people. purgatory is a place where the soul is purified before entering heaven. in accordance with christian doctrine, we are all sinners and are unable to enter the kingdom of heaven until we have been purified of sin. this is where purgatory comes into play. we all go through purgatory to get to heaven, just some spend longer there than others as they are laden with more sin. it is often depicted as fire, but this is not to be confused with hell as the fire is the cleansing fire, not torment.

Archived