How much does it cost to run a bath?

I've just jumped out of a nice warm bath. I find it so much more relaxing to soak for half an hour than to spend 2 minutes in a shower.

But just how much does it cost in these days of rising energy prices?

I've estimated that the bath requires around 85 litres of water. I have a modern condensing boiler. The water in the cold tap is around 14 C, and the bath temperature around 40C. So how much has my indulgence cost me?

I've just jumped out of a nice warm bath. I find it so much more relaxing to soak for half an hour than to spend 2 minutes in a shower.

But just how much does it cost in these days of rising energy prices?

I've estimated that the bath requires around 85 litres of water. I have a modern condensing boiler. The water in the cold tap is around 14 C, and the bath temperature around 40C. So how much has my indulgence cost me?

It depends on what type of hot water system you have. If its a combi boiler it heats the water instantaneously, whereas a system with a seperated cylinder and heat only boiler, stores the hot water. The cost to run the bath depends on, what type of system you have, what you are paying for your gas, and if its a stored water system i.e. a cylinder, then it is also affected by how well insulated the cylinder is. If it is a combi it will be affected by the heat output of the boiler i.e. 24, 30 or 35kw.

with a bit more info I can work out a cost to run your bath for you.

steve Peacock

http://www.oneheating.co.uk

Archived