PC Yvonne Fletcher - ITV Now - Coincidence?

Is it a coincidence or propaganda that as we are engaged in millitary action against Libya, the Real Crime program on ITV that has just started at 10-35pm and is about the shooting of Pc Yvonne Fletcher (RIP) outside the Libyan embassy 26yrs ago?

I think it is propaganda to soften the mood of the British public, the majority of whom are unhappy at our decision to be involved.

I have seen this program before so know what the program is about so won't be watching it again.

Of course it isn't a coincidence. The media have always broadcast documentaries that reflect current affairs.

just where it should be but some may say you have seen it on tv there for it should be in the entertainment section :D

That's what I was thinking! I was tempted to be all uppity and say 'but I posted it in the RIGHT section' but then I thought to myself, well, actually...:hihi:

Is it a coincidence or propaganda that as we are engaged in millitary action against Libya, the Real Crime program on ITV that has just started at 10-35pm and is about the shooting of Pc Yvonne Fletcher (RIP) outside the Libyan embassy 26yrs ago?

I think it is propaganda to soften the mood of the British public, the majority of whom are unhappy at our decision to be involved.

I have seen this program before so know what the program is about so won't be watching it again.

Yes, it does smack of propaganda. Ironically it's the kind of programming favoured by Libyan TV which always had news items about miscarriages of justice in Scotland when the Lockerbie bombers were being tried under Scottish law.

Every other news item was good news about Libya, nothing bad ever happened there if you believed the news!

Mr Mafya - where do you get your information that the majority of Brits are unhappy at our decision to be involved in Libya?

Personally I'm happy we are supporting the rebels and prevented the planned massacre in Benghazi.

If they wanted to get a propaganda machine rolling they'd play a documentary about the lockerbie hijack and bombing of the airliner, gadafi backed apparently

You never know, they could be showing them over the coming days.

Yes, it does smack of propaganda. Ironically it's the kind of programming favoured by Libyan TV which always had news items about miscarriages of justice in Scotland when the Lockerbie bombers were being tried under Scottish law.

Every other news item was good news about Libya, nothing bad ever happened there if you believed the news!

Mr Mafya - where do you get your information that the majority of Brits are unhappy at our decision to be involved in Libya?Personally I'm happy we are supporting the rebels and prevented the planned massacre in Benghazi.

My Bold=

It is a conclusion i have reached from reading and listening to various news programs. I may be wrong but to be honest i don't think we Brits have the appetite for another war, especially when we are facing cutbacks and high unemployment coupled with high inflation and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I think uneasy may have been a more appropiate word to use instead of unhappy.

How long will it last?

Will it result in an invasion?

If Gaddaffi's regime falls, what will replace it?

Archived