Why do some people take part in satanic rituals?

It is available to buy and a rather interesting read, actually.

The most interesting thing is that it's not all full of - well - any of the things you'd think it would contain (like evil acts and sacrifice).

You don't know do you ? :hihi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Bible

I've just been reading about the satanic bible and the guy that wrote it in 1969.Interesting but it's one guys idea of satanism that others have followed.

seems he doesn't advocate human sacrifice,but it's a selfish and immoral "religion".

Do you think the folk at the cremation of care ceremony follow the satanic bible ?,i don't either.

As you said they are not "genuine" satanists so how can you be so sure they are not acting out the killing of a child ?maybe following an ancient ceremony (rather than the 1969 version)

From your bible.

Quote.

"a Satanist does not under any circumstance advocate criminal activity, if you believe a person deserves to die, then you are perfectly justified in placing a curse upon them and making a figurative "human sacrifice" of them."

And you call me crazy ? :roll:

It is available to buy and a rather interesting read, actually.

The most interesting thing is that it's not all full of - well - any of the things you'd think it would contain (like evil acts and sacrifice).

Anton LaVey called his 'religion' satanism in order to have a dig at Christians, it isn't the satanism that has been practised down the ages.

For satanism proper you would be nearer the mark reading about human sacrifice to the pagan gods.

Do you have trouble understanding straightforward posts? Karis said it's a good read and doesn't contain anything about evil acts and sacrifice.

Sure, that's the Black Bible, but the religion - the true - religion - predates even Christianity and has origins in ancient Egypt.

I still think it's all a load of old bokum, though! :)

Sorry ,i'm in a bit of a wind up mood today.

Still, i've made some valid points.

OK. As you made a very reasonable post (thanks :)), I'll respond. The problem people have here is that their viewpoints are diametrically opposed. The religious believe in doing everything for a reason (ie acting good to get to Heaven), those who are not religious (like me) do not have any motive to act in a manner as laid out in the Bible.

None of us believe in human sacrifice, but to me, terms like evil and amoral are without meaning as we all act according to our own nature, which is separate to that of God's "will".

Let's be absolutely categorical about this: the acting of a representation of a child killing is not in any way the same as the actual act. The two are hugely - light years - apart.

Sure, that's the Black Bible, but the religion - the true - religion - predates even Christianity and has origins in ancient Egypt.

I still think it's all a load of old bokum, though! :)

A load of old bokum indeed but still carried out by the powerful in society,this is where you get the links to freemosonry,moloch and the pyramid etc on American notes.

Bunch of selfish nutters with no morals or regard for others lives.

Anton LaVey called his 'religion' satanism in order to have a dig at Christians, it isn't the satanism that has been practised down the ages.

For satanism proper you would be nearer the mark reading about human sacrifice to the pagan gods.

Where did you get this information from Grahame? and why are you likening Paganism to Satanism?

Archived