Why do some people take part in satanic rituals?

Before people post why don't they check their facts?

Indeed. Speaking of which..

I should check what the ancient Druids were doing, also some witches, it isn't pleasant.

Do you have actual factual knowledge about druids? Many scholars would love you to share it with them!

Also, why do you always use tinpot non-credible sites as evidence for your views? The list of Satanic holidays for example. You might want to use this one instead:http://www.religioustolerance.org/ra_date.htm

Make sure you read the part right at the bottom of the page

Can you give any hard factual proof that Satanists carry out human sacrifice?

Before people post why don't they check their facts?

I agree Graham, you should do just that.

The Druids had no written language and nothing was recorded so no-one knows what the hell they did.

And I wish you had posted the calendar dates a bit earlier cos I've just missed out on March 20th. Orgies and animal or human sacrifice sounds good to me.

Didn't Abraham set off to sacrifice his son and end-up sacrificing a goat instead ?

All religions have a fair bit of sacrificing involved.

There's a lesser known story in the bible that involves a human sacrifice to the god of the bible in which no goat appeared to let the victim off the hook::

Judges 11:29-40 (New International Version)

29 Then the Spirit of the LORD came on Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites. 30 And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the LORD gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, “Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break.”

36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request,” she said. “Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry.”

38 “You may go,” he said. And he let her go for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.

From this comes the Israelite tradition 40 that each year the young women of Israel go out for four days to commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.

I agree Graham, you should do just that.

The Druids had no written language and nothing was recorded so no-one knows what the hell they did.

And I wish you had posted the calendar dates a bit earlier cos I've just missed out on March 20th. Orgies and animal or human sacrifice sounds good to me.

It's also worth noting the pretty much all the accounts of the druids, far from encyclopedic as they are, were written by their enemies.

There's a lesser known story in the bible that involves a human sacrifice to the god of the bible in which no goat appeared to let the victim off the hook::

Judges 11:29-40 (New International Version)

29 Then the Spirit of the LORD came on Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites. 30 And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the LORD gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, “Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break.”

36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request,” she said. “Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry.”

38 “You may go,” he said. And he let her go for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.

From this comes the Israelite tradition 40 that each year the young women of Israel go out for four days to commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.

This is when the Israelites were worshipping false gods and idols. They called their leaders "Lords" the same as we do and what they did was wrong the same as some of the things we do are wrong.

This is what Isaiah said:

"I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats. 12 When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts? 13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations-- I cannot bear your evil assemblies. 14 Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts my soul hates. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them. 15 When you spread out your hands in prayer (they were praying to false gods), I will hide my eyes from you; even if you offer many prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood; 16 wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight! Stop doing wrong, 17 learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow."

This is when the Israelites were worshipping false gods and idols. They called their leaders "Lords" the same as we do and what they did was wrong the same as some of the things we do are wrong.

This is what Isaiah said:

"I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats. 12 When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts? 13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations-- I cannot bear your evil assemblies. 14 Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts my soul hates. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them. 15 When you spread out your hands in prayer (they were preying to false gods), I will hide my eyes from you; even if you offer many prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood; 16 wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight! Stop doing wrong, 17 learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow."

So, this OTHER spirit of the lord, there WAS more than one true god then?

So, this OTHER spirit of the lord, there WAS more than one true god then?

When Moses was receiving the Ten Commandments from the 'Lord' Aaron was making the Golden Calf who he spoke of as the 'Lord.'

They were different G/gods. (Lords)

One was the true God and one was false (Satanic god) and you know, or you should know, all the evil things that were done in the name of the satanic god.

When Moses was receiving the Ten Commandments from the 'Lord' Aaron was making the Golden Calf who he spoke of as the 'Lord.'

They were different G/gods. (Lords)

One was the true God and one was false (Satanic god) and you know, or you should know, all the evil things that were done in the name of the satanic god.

So now you're saying that any god other than yours is Satanic?

Do you have any examples of evil carried out in Satan's name? (as opposed to all the evil deeds carried out in God's name)

It seems pretty clear to me from your posts on various threads that "Satanic" is a blanket word for you, used to name just about anything that you don't agree with. Would you like it if people went around saying that wife-beating was a christian thing to do? or thieving?

So now you're saying that any god other than yours is Satanic?

Do you have any examples of evil carried out in Satan's name? (as opposed to all the evil deeds carried out in God's name)

It seems pretty clear to me from your posts on various threads that "Satanic" is a blanket word for you, used to name just about anything that you don't agree with. Would you like it if people went around saying that wife-beating was a christian thing to do? or thieving?

Look it up

Satanic

adj 1: extremely evil or cruel; expressive of cruelty or befitting

hell; "something demonic in him--something that could

be cruel"; "fires lit up a diabolic scene";

"diabolical sorcerers under the influence of devils";

"a fiendish despot"; "hellish torture"; "infernal

instruments of war"; "satanic cruelty"; "unholy

grimaces" [syn: demonic, diabolic, diabolical, fiendish,

hellish, infernal, unholy]

Satanic \Sa*tan"ic\, Satanical \Sa*tan"ic*al\, a. [Cf. F.

satanique, Gr. ?.]

Of or pertaining to Satan; having the qualities of Satan;

resembling Satan; extremely malicious or wicked; devilish;

infernal. ``Satanic strength.'' ``Satanic host.'' --Milton.

http://dictionary.die.net/satanic

. The passage doesn't say "a Lord" though does it? It say "the Spirit of the LORD" which is how the god of the bible is referred to throughout the bible in both the old and new testaments.

Like it or not Judges 11 contains the story of a human sacrifice to the god of the bible, your god.

Archived