We was brung up proper

Its the flippin Health & Safety brigade who have spoilt things nowadays.!!. They even want kids to wear safety glasses, while playing a game of conkers. !!

To think that years ago,children could go outside in the garden, and actually get their hands dirty !!:roll:

Guest sibon
Its the flippin Health & Safety brigade who have spoilt things nowadays.!!. They even want kids to wear safety glasses, while playing a game of conkers. !!

To think that years ago,children could go outside in the garden, and actually get their hands dirty !!:roll:

You are aware that kids don't wear safety specs to play conkers aren't you?

I've seen several hundred outside, playing and getting dirty hands today.

Society is saved:)

Yes, I am aware that kids dont wear safety specs, but they would if the flippin Health & Safety brigade had anything to do with it.

Several hundred playing outside and getting their hands dirty ? Do you work in a school ?

Thats a lovely photo :) ... It must be cos im from maltby, i only come to Sheffield cos my blokes from here. But it was always mammy/mam even mum was hardly said...
Yes - here in North Lincs. they usually say 'mam'. Here's the last photo of me mom - bless her she was 87 when she died in 2006; she an' me dad certainly brung us up proper...:)

I've not seen kids playing conkers for donkeys years, I wonder if the kids of today actually know where conkers come from. :confused:

Us lads had catapults, sheath and pen knives, sling shots, airguns, bows and arrows, steel wheeled roller skates, home made trolleys, mainly without brakes and of course conkers, it's a wonder that any of us survived. :hihi:

We encouraged our son to be a proper lad, he was never without an injury of some sort, he played every sport imaginable and has turned out to be a very decent 32 year old, with respect for others. The health and safety police will no doubt take a dim view of this. ;)

Archived