British Miss Universe contestant gets abuse and death threats

...as title suggests, the British Miss Universe contestant has received lots of abuse from all sorts of quarters and apparently death threats. It's quite disturbing that this happens in this day and age, fgs, it's only a beauty pagent.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/mar/20/muslim-miss-universe-death-threat

Good luck to her I think she is beautiful.

No offense, but she looks pretty ordinary. And it's quite sick what she's had to go through :

The censure has come from various quarters, ranging from Muslims who claim that she is denigrating the name of Islam, to white supremacists who say that an Asian cannot represent the UK, and to women who condemn beauty pageants as an affront to feminism.

Bukhari, born in Blackburn, grew up in Lancashire and is no stranger to intolerance. When she was nine, she ended up in hospital after a man screaming racist abuse had thrown a brick at her, causing so much damage to her stomach that she suffered a blood clot and had to undergo surgery.

What a disgusting, cowardly animal; and to do that to a child too :(

Really? If she looks ordinary, what hope is there for the rest of us?

I think she's stunning. Not a fan of beauty pageants, but not a fan of abuse either and she doesn't deserve any of it.

Agree, she is quite stunning.

Is that the best we have? Ive seen better in pyjamas at the supermarket.

In yer dreams.

Im a bit put out by the fact that this lady, a Muslim of Asian descent is "representing Britain", albeit in a tacky beauty contest.

Its different in a team situation such as the GB Olympic team for instance, where there is a mixture of ethnicity's, because black and Asian people etc are of course a part of Britain and should therefore be represented. But in an individual thing such as a beauty contest, an ethnic minority is hardly "representing" Britain, which is after all majority white.

There are black and Asian people in Japan, but would you expect a black woman or a pakistani woman to be Japan's representitive for Mrs Universe? I mean lets get real.

Im a bit put out by the fact that this lady, a Muslim of Asian descent is "representing Britain", albeit in a tacky beauty contest.

Its different in a team situation such as the GB Olympic team for instance, where there is a mixture of ethnicity's, because black and Asian people etc are of course a part of Britain and should therefore be represented. But in an individual thing such as a beauty contest, an ethnic minority is hardly "representing" Britain, which is after all majority white.

There are black and Asian people in Japan, but would you expect a black woman or a pakistani woman to be Japan's representitive for Mrs Universe? I mean lets get real.

Kerry Katona wasn't free, and the girls tan is real. Nuff said.

No offense, but she looks pretty ordinary.

Really? If she looks ordinary, what hope is there for the rest of us?

:hihi: - but seriously (and again, no offfense), it seems the White folk seem to look at things from a different angle when it comes to females of the non-Caucasian race :D - I mean, many Asians will say she's average-looking whereas non-Asians (as it's been highlighted), will say she's a 'stunner' :)

Is that the best we have? Ive seen better in pyjamas at the supermarket.

Lol ! :D

I suppose you'd prefer here in a burka?

Try to re-read what you post before you hit the 'post' button.

Archived