March 2011 Budget thread.

Well I certainly won't be in a rush to get a job.

1p off a litre of fuel Mr Chancellor? that will hardly cancel out the fact that the price of fuel has gone up 5p a litre in the past 4 weeks, and is predicted to go up by another 5p a litre over the next 5 weeks. (so in effect a 9p alitre increase)

Well I certainly won't be in a rush to get a job.

1p off a litre of fuel Mr Chancellor? that will hardly cancel out the fact that the price of fuel has gone up 5p a litre in the past 4 weeks, and is predicted to go up by another 5p a litre over the next 5 weeks. (so in effect a 9p alitre increase)

And the rest!

I filed up my bike this afternoon and the pre-tax price of petrol has gone up yet again.

The increase here so far this year is about 26% before taxes.

The chancellor said there was to be no change in the duty on alcohol which according to the Guardian CAMARA has taken to mean planned rises will go ahead.

Was reported as

Wondered if it's worth making it clear that when Osbourne said "no change" to alcohol duty (and this is how it's been reported by yourselves and other media) - he actually should have said "we'll continue with the duty escalator which sees a 2% rise above inflation on alcohol duty every year"?

We're estimating that this "no change" will see duty and VAT on a pint rise above £1 for the first time, see 10p on a pint of beer and take the average cost of a pint above £3.

Archived