March 2011 Budget thread.

I'm surprised that this is such a small thread. Maybe it's because the budget was such a non-event, merely tinkering around the edges as the sagging edifice that is the British economy collapses in on itself.

That's the way it always is, just shovellinig money around and trying to influence public opinion. Nobody is going to be better off - what the Lord giveth in one hand he taketh away from the other; usually more going out than what's coming in.

That's the way it always is, just shovellinig money around and trying to influence public opinion. Nobody is going to be better off - what the Lord giveth in one hand he taketh away from the other; usually more going out than what's coming in.

Basic rate taxpayers will pay a bit less tax, some none at all with the raising of the tax thresholds. So they will be a wee bit better off than if there had been no change. The same doesn't apply to the higher thresholds for the over 65s, they aren't being increased in the same way.

Also, over 60s need to be aware that the winter fuel allowances are going down, from £250 - £200, and from £400 - £300 for the over 80s.

I think its a very limited budget, but I hope the proposed help for first time buyers genuinely helps them to get homes, especially as there won't be a sudden increase in available social housing.

Not really. Not the same quality control on the knock off fags as the full price ones.

You could be smoking anything, like the drug users who buy drugs cut with who knows what. :(

They all give you cancer ....so what diffrence does it make. I guess the cheap ones could have more chemicals and kill you slightly quicker.

Archived