Help needed with on-the-spot fine research

Hi

I am a PhD Student in the School of Law and as part of my research I am looking for volunteers to take part in an online survey about on-the-spot fines (also known as penalty notices for disorder). I am interested in hearing the views of people who have received an on-the-spot fine.

I’m only looking at penalty notices for disorder which are issued for low level disorder/crime (such as drunk and disorderly, public urination, theft, possession of cannabis and criminal damage), so if you’ve never received a penalty notice or if you’ve only ever received a notice for a speeding/parking offence then please ignore this message.

There is very little research on penalty notices and that which does exist looks at their use entirely from the police perspective, as such I am keen to include the views of people who have received a penalty notice in my research. If you have received a penalty notice I would be really interested in hearing about your experience. Whilst I can’t offer any incentive to take part, this project will give you an opportunity to have your say and voice your opinions on penalty notices.

The survey is completely anonymous and takes about five minutes to complete.

You do not need to provide any personal details, your answers will be entirely confidential and anonymous, and will be used for research purposes only. This study has received ethical approval from the School of Law Ethics Committee.

To complete the survey follow this link:

surveymonkey.co.uk/s/onthespotfine

If you would like any more information about the research, please contact me at: Lwp09skm@sheffield.ac.uk

Thank you for your time,

Sara McManus

Archived