Thank You For the incessant TV ads, Gordon Brown!

As if the quality of TV programmes isn't going down the pan enough, I'd like to thank Mr Brown for allowing broadcasters to interrupt our programmes more frequently with much longer periods of adverts. It's just like watching American TV now - absolute rubbish. Thanks for ruining British TV for us.:thumbsup:

As if the quality of TV programmes isn't going down the pan enough, I'd like to thank Mr Brown for allowing broadcasters to interrupt our programmes more frequently with much longer periods of adverts. It's just like watching American TV now - absolute rubbish. Thanks for ruining British TV for us.:thumbsup:
Did Gordon Brown implement this ?

you need to get v+ or sky+ and bye bye commercials.

I never watch commercials. I tend to record programmes and just wiz through the commercials. Or if I watch something "live" so to speak I then channel hop until the commercials have finished. After a while you get to be able to time them quite accurately so that you don't miss any of the programme you are watching!

Although I do have to admit I tend to watch more programmes on BBC then other channels anyway.

Or record it and fast forward the ads.

Much as it goes against every fiber of my being to let Hamish off the hook, but it may have been down to Ofcom, a supposedly independent regulator.

Archived