Just had dodgy phone call about my computer!!

my nan gets a phone call more or less same time and day every week.

they tell her,hr computer has a virus and they can sort it out over the internet if she gives details for payment!!

not only does she not have a computer but is also not dumb enough to give any detaILS

Just had a call from them an Indian sounding man he called me by my name then mentioned my computer. I said I don't have a computer which screwed him up, I waited for him to speak but he hung up after about 10 seconds lol. The number was witheld though so couldn't do a search.

The company that called you has a website which is http://www.greybytes.net their telephone number is 02538020308

My neighbor had them call him last week he put them on hold and shouted me round, where I took over the conversation.

If I'm correct they will or would have asked you to type in run where it brings up info about your pc, and will read off some standard figures which will match what is on your PC (I disconected his laptop from the net during the call) this I presume is done to gain confidence.

I had nothing else to do, so played stupid just to waste his time, kept him on for at least 45 mins lol

They will try to get you to go to the above site to download software.

Just had a call from them an Indian sounding man he called me by my name then mentioned my computer. I said I don't have a computer which screwed him up, I waited for him to speak but he hung up after about 10 seconds lol. The number was witheld though so couldn't do a search.

I had exactly the same call, knew my name though I didn't say whether I was the person they said I was, I asked them who they were and the line went dead.

Had 2 calls now, both at 6:30 p.m.

Archived