Coping with Chronic Pain

I have been suffering from chronic pain in the man-sphere department for a number of years now. This seems to be getting much worse of late and as I lie here im off work for the second time this year, as the condition has flared.

I am booked in to have an operation in the next few weeks to remove all the tissue, nerves and stuff from around the affected area which i'm told has a 50% chance of sucess.

Right now I feel :rant::cry::shakes: and want to just shout and punch my frustrations away.

How can I cope? Im already taking copious amounts of codiene, but because of the other drugs im taking I cant take Tramadol which has helped before.

Can anyone suggest how to cope?

Marajuana is supposed to be very good (seriously, it is)

In some areas, the NHS will pay for the pain-relief drug that is derived from marijuana. In others, they will not. Nowhere is it legal to smoke the weed itself, although frankly it should be.

Long-term continuous pain is far more debilitating than most people could possibly comprehend - I'm sure I don't fully understand how awful it must be, since any excruciating pain I've ever been in, was a pain that I knew would go away eventually. There are psychological techniques that can help with it: if your doctor hasn't already discussed them with you, you might wish to ask him if you can be referred to a pain clinic psychologist or some such appropriate professional.

I have been suffering from chronic pain in the man-sphere department for a number of years now. This seems to be getting much worse of late and as I lie here im off work for the second time this year, as the condition has flared.

I am booked in to have an operation in the next few weeks to remove all the tissue, nerves and stuff from around the affected area which i'm told has a 50% chance of sucess.

Right now I feel :rant::cry::shakes: and want to just shout and punch my frustrations away.

How can I cope? Im already taking copious amounts of codiene, but because of the other drugs im taking I cant take Tramadol which has helped before.

Can anyone suggest how to cope?

i know how you feel, iv been in constant pain since 1996, iv been on medication ever since, numerous painkillers, including morphine etc, i also use TENS, various heatrub creams/gels & sometimes its still not enough.

Archived