Would you go to a tabloid about this?

I think this story sums up what is wrong with society today. Parents have no respect for teachers or schools which lead to the children having no respect for teachers or schools. This then leads to children having no respect for older people or people in authority at all, which leads to anti-social behaviour, ban manners, and in some cases crime.

I didn't even go to school that long ago but schools these days are more like a zoo.

Spot on.....

Have heard/read some similar stories in newspapers or on TV where the kids had dyed their hair yellow, orange or pink or maybe had a mohican haircut and was subsequently sent home. As usual their little darlings can do no wrong and the parents blamed the school blah blah blah. Most of the times I do think those parents need some education themselves.

is that a serious comment???

Your refering to a 16 year old boy.

In my opinion your comment sums up whats wrong in society today!!

Yes, and your comment just sums up the whinging, bleeding heart brigade. Its not hard to come across a pair of smart black pants.

He should comb his hair an all while he`s at it.

Yes, and your comment just sums up the whinging, bleeding heart brigade. Its not hard to come across a pair of smart black pants.

He should comb his hair an all while he`s at it.

I totally agree that kids should go to school in correct clothing etc etc.

I was refering to your comment of you "not wanting your childs photo ruined by the tramp".

Would you want your child refered to in that way? NO

I totally agree that kids should go to school in correct clothing etc etc.

I was refering to your comment of you "not wanting your childs photo ruined by the tramp".

Would you want your child refered to in that way? NO

I wouldnt send my child out looking like a tramp. This lad does in his wrecked faded joggers.

I wouldnt send my child out looking like a tramp. This lad does in his wrecked faded joggers.

exactly my point. The parents are to blame - even if he is 16 - they buy (or dont buy!) his clothes.

Just think the original comment was harsh.

side tracking - I have teenagers myself. I try my hardest to make sure they grow up to be respectful, dont fall in with the wrong crowd etc etc but am ashamed to admit one of them has gotten in a spot of bother. As a responible parent its made our life hell

The school publishes it's uniform policy online:

http://www.birleycc.sheffield.sch.uk/docs/uniformorder.pdf

and on page 4 it says:

The spirit of the school dress code is formality rather than fashion.

It is not possible to list all unacceptable items, as fashion constantly changes.

Plain, formal, full length black trousers

but it doesn't say Skanky faded Nike air tracky bottoms

He's a grown lad so don't see at his age why he should have to wear a uniform anyway. It says dress code but its uniform by the back door. Think its a jobs worth from the teacher. Why didn't the teacher say to photographer can you fit him in at the back so the trousers don't show. It's his last year after all.

What does it matter if he's in the last year? Soon he will (hopefully) be getting a job and will more than likely have to follow some kind of dress code.

Its not like its a waste of time buying him smart black trousers because he will need them for interviews, possibly work and formal occasions. Its not like they're expensive either!

I'm sure when we had our school photos they warned us a day before that we must come in the correct uniform.