X Factor auditions in Manchester!!

Don't do it. You are sat around for hours, bored out of your mind while you have to act up for the camera. Then you are finally seen by preliminary judges who are apparently high up in the music business but who no-one has ever heard of before in an area where everyone can hear you.

You are then told yes or no. Yes, you get a golden ticket and everything is happy. No, and your sticker's number is crossed out for everyone to see.

They usually work on a first come, first serve basis and make no decision on whether you are talented or not.

I was told two years ago that had I been half an hour earlier I would have got through, but it had to be a "no" as the day's "quota" had been filled.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't do it. You are sat around for hours, bored out of your mind while you have to act up for the camera. Then you are finally seen by preliminary judges who are apparently high up in the music business but who no-one has ever heard of before in an area where everyone can hear you.

You are then told yes or no. Yes, you get a golden ticket and everything is happy. No, and your sticker's number is crossed out for everyone to see.

They usually work on a first come, first serve basis and make no decision on whether you are talented or not.

I was told two years ago that had I been half an hour earlier I would have got through, but it had to be a "no" as the day's "quota" had been filled.

You was so right, i wish we hadn't gone now, but my daughter was really looking forward to going, so to avoid her dissapointment we went, she ended up dissapointed as she didn't get through, The whole thing was a farse, we stood in a bloody queue for 7 hours having to silent cheer for the cameras :rant: we was absolutely freezing too, NEVER AGAIN :roll:

Archived