Water meter megathread

Yes.

We had a similar situation when we moved into our house. There were only two of us and the bill dropped by around two thirds, though we did have a setback when I seeded the lawn during a dry spell and forgot about the meter!

Seven years and two children (who have a bath most nights) later, we're still paying around £240 a year which is significatly less than the original bill.

I have been thinking of having one fitted, but then got a bit nervous. I pay £512 per year and there are two of us in the house ... it looks like I might benefit from having one after all.

Dont hesitate! - get in touch with Yorks Water - Ithink they give a quote

on likely future costs - either way you can revert back after 12 mths if

not happy - I dont know anyone who hasnt saved by changing over,lots

in many cases - just ring them they are very helpful.

I have been thinking of having one fitted, but then got a bit nervous. I pay £512 per year and there are two of us in the house ... it looks like I might benefit from having one after all.

That's exactly the same as us. have you tried the ready reckoner on Yorkshire Water's website? I ran our situation through that and it came out at around £250, roughly half the water rates.

I've applied for a meter and we'll give it a go for 12 months, but on those figures I suspect we'll be keeping it.

We fall into Band D Council Tax, I understand that none metered water would cost circa £650.00 p/a, does anyone know how they work this out? Anyway, we are now metered, the two of us live in a 3 bed detached with dish washer and washing machine and pay £20.00 per month.

We fall into Band D Council Tax, I understand that none metered water would cost circa £650.00 p/a, does anyone know how they work this out? Anyway, we are now metered, the two of us live in a 3 bed detached with dish washer and washing machine and pay £20.00 per month.

Not quite sure, but the banding go on a 1991 valuation, which is obviously very out of date!

Not quite sure, but the banding go on a 1991 valuation, which is obviously very out of date!

If I recall our old ratable value was £201.00, a mate and his wife had a 19th century detached cottage with a ratable value of £50.00, I suppose this is where the water rates differences emanated from.