Water meter megathread

I am thinking of having a water meter installed as I have been told that it would work out cheaper than the £52 : 00 per month which we are presently paying for our water rates. There is only two of us living at home so our water consumtion shouldn't be too great. Has anyone any experience of this move and if so, is it a cheaper way of obtaining water?

Looking forward to any comments or advice

Stonks

My Nephew had one installed after getting large water bills, well over £150 per quarter, there were only him and his 80year old Dad at home never used the bath, just used water in a shower, making tea,washing machine. He had a meter fitted and now hes paying less than £70 a quarter.

, but i am careful..i dont use things like a hose pipe,

If you are washing a car and you have a hose pipe with a trigger controlled nozzle end which you can switch off the flow, you use about half the water that you need if you are just throwing buckets over it. Hosepipes are extremely efficient.

If you are washing a car and you have a hose pipe with a trigger controlled nozzle end which you can switch off the flow, you use about half the water that you need if you are just throwing buckets over it. Hosepipes are extremely efficient.

Nice point :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We are a family of four.

Our water meter bill is £29 a month - expect it to be less this year as we've just installed a dual flush loo - uses 3 or 6 litres of water rather than the 9 litres our last loo used.

So long as you haven't got a really powerful power shower, I would have thought you'd save money.