Water meter megathread

As far as I understand it if you have more bedrooms than people living in the property you will be better off with a meter, the first post said they were paying £52.00 per month = £624.00 per year, first check for leaks then get a meter fitted, £624.00 is far to much for two people living in a normal house.

We have had a water meter since 1992 and its cheaper than water rates unless you live in a very low council tax band. There are only two of us but we use more water than an family of 4. Yorkshire Water and Severn Trent have a chart with low, average and high water usage for various household sizes. We have an acre of garden to water, a hot tub and I keep poultry. Ducks have a small bath of clean water every day. My washer is on a lot. Washing was done on Thursday but I've managed another three full loads today! We have showers but use the same amount of water in showers and baths as I can never manage a quick shower.

Once the water companies reach the point where revenue has dropped due to customers having meters, the unit price will rise.

We will also then have to pay even more as the companies will say they have more overheads due to replacing meters reading them and fraud etc.

If we the customer greatly reduced our usages would the water companies pay a smaller divedend?

As far as I understand it if you have more bedrooms than people living in the property you will be better off with a meter, the first post said they were paying £52.00 per month = £624.00 per year, first check for leaks then get a meter fitted, £624.00 is far to much for two people living in a normal house.

Thats how much the op are paying on rateable value without a meter. Thats how I think the first post reads anyway.

I pay £17 per month for me and I just use the water normally. Have at least one long power shower a day and the occasional bath. Use the dishwasher about 4 times per week and the washer twice a week. I use my hosepipe for filling my water butt if there hasn't been enough rain and car washing / pressure washing.

Edited by Jon26
Clarification - added per month.

I pay £17 for me and I just use the water normally. Have at least one long power shower a day and the occasional bath. Use the dishwasher about 4 times per week and the washer twice a week. I use my hosepipe for filling my water butt if there hasn't been enough rain and car washing / pressure washing.

Is this a week, month a year, what?