Water meter megathread

• 8 months later...

Hi just wondering if water meters are still cheaper than a fixed monthly charge.

At the minute I'm paying £53 a month and have a 4 bedroom house and only me living there now.

I do 2 loads of washing a week, shower every day no dish washer and like to wash my car once a week if possible.

I've also read posts on here saying if I move to a meter if I change my mind within 12 months I can go back to fixed monthly charge ,is this still correct?

Im in a similar size house. Wash 3 times a week. Shower at least once a day. Bath twice a week. Use dishwasher 3 times per week. Water garden. Jet wash. Clean cars.

I pay £15 per month on meter.

Its a no brainer. If they can't fit one they give you assessed charges which should be less than £50

Hi just wondering if water meters are still cheaper than a fixed monthly charge.

At the minute I'm paying £53 a month and have a 4 bedroom house and only me living there now.

I do 2 loads of washing a week, shower every day no dish washer and like to wash my car once a week if possible.

I've also read posts on here saying if I move to a meter if I change my mind within 12 months I can go back to fixed monthly charge ,is this still correct?

It will be cheaper for you but if a family with young kids moved into the house it would be more dearer and so a meter may put potential buyers off.