Do you dislike people based on their posts?

A simple question really - or is it?

I'm not concerned if you like the content or agree with it, but do you dislike someone from their opinions on threads even though you haven't met them.

I've met some nice people through this forum and a doggie rescue one - although i don't agree with some of them and i guarantee they don't agree with me i've never actually prejudged them or taken a dislike to them.

Yes but not very often at all. I remember a thread about prostitutes where someone said they deserved to be raped, which made me think, I dislike that person.

I don't understand how someone can dislike someone based on one opinion they hold, surely you dislike, their opinion on that subject, rather than dislike them as a person?!

I don't understand how someone can dislike someone based on one opinion they hold, surely you dislike or even hate their opinion on that subject, rather than dislike them as a person?!

Do you think you could like someone who said that prostitutes deserved to be raped? I know I couldn't.

We're not talking about liking someone, we're talking about disliking someone. :)

So, if you overheard someone saying 'prostitutes deserve to get raped' are you saying it woudn't produce a negative emotional response in you?

Archived