Do you dislike people based on their posts?

There are some i disagree with vehemently but i can't say i hate them. I don't know them well enough. Just because i disagree doesn't mean they don't have the right to share their opinion, however ill thought out it is.

Saying that i could make an exception with Halibut. Its no the views its the pompous, self righteous, condescension. It generally leads to people not bothering to post because they know what the thread will descend into.

No I dont hate anyone on here either. There's very few people irl that I do hate. Theres a fair few I dislike though, for various reasons, some of them good reasons, others entirely spurious and without foundation :D

^^^ what she said.

I'm very easily irritated, which makes SF some bizarre form of compulsive masochism for me.

There are some i disagree with vehemently but i can't say i hate them. I don't know them well enough. Just because i disagree doesn't mean they don't have the right to share their opinion, however ill thought out it is.

You're not really answering the question there. Its not, do you hate them, or should they have the right to share their opinion, its, do you dislike them.

I dont hate anyone on here, and I'd eat my foot to allow people to share their opinions, but yes some lingering dislike does come up sometimes.

I find some opinions that people have expressed on here would make me not want to have them around me at all, but I wouldn't necessarily hate or dislike them. I'm sure I've expressed an opinion or two that would make others feel the same about me its all part of life's rich tapestry I suppose.

.........and the reason why I would never tell anyone my SF name, being anon is liberating:).

A simple question really - or is it?

I'm not concerned if you like the content or agree with it, but do you dislike someone from their opinions on threads even though you haven't met them.

I've met some nice people through this forum and a doggie rescue one - although i don't agree with some of them and i guarantee they don't agree with me i've never actually prejudged them or taken a dislike to them.

Lets put it this way, its a good job peoples names and addresses are not required to be put up to post :D

Saying that, maybe it would be a good idea as it would stop a lot of the crazy arguments that appear to go on on this forum and people would not be as oppinionated as they are about things so it would be a lot more realistic.

Archived