Big cat sighting

been out walking the dogs this morning and came across a farmer who was standing over a pregant ewe which had been killed by a big black cat, Its not belived to be a dog killing b'cos claw marks which could of been done only by a large cat were all over the corpse. He said it was about the same height as a rottweiler but longer. Be careful when out and about in the country.

I'm always sceptic about these things but i've seen many dog kills from my hunting days and its completely differant. ploice have been informed.

The big cats are probably Lynx that have been one-time pets but grown too big and dangerous. Quite different from a feral cat. The farmer told me on Sunday morning that he thought it was a Lynx when I questioned about the gun shots, apparently its been a problem before on Mosborough Moor!

it was in the wentworth area so rotheram not sheffield, appartlety their use to be loads of feral cats in the area but they have all disappeared.:(
theres been plenty of "supposed" sightings of "big cats" in the area from wentworth through tankersley & down the stocksbridge bypass over recent years

Archived