Big cat sighting

I once saw something like a very large black cat way up on a hill behind Peak cavern or 'Devil's arse' as I think it's now called.Anyway, it was just stood looking down at us, a few people saw it and I tried to take a photo.It did show up on the photo but looked small cos of the distance and I didn't have a digital camera then, this would have been about 1996 July/August time.

I once saw something like a very large black cat way up on a hill behind Peak cavern or 'Devil's arse' as I think it's now called.Anyway, it was just stood looking down at us, a few people saw it and I tried to take a photo.It did show up on the photo but looked small cos of the distance and I didn't have a digital camera then, this would have been about 1996 July/August time.

If it escaped from the Riber castle collection, good luck to it. :hihi:

Been looking through youtube to see if there are any convincing vids, came across this one which looks very much like a wild boar

Maybe some big cat sightings are actually wild boar.

This one is obviously frantic, trying to find a tree-penguin pre-season.

Or maybe he's spotted the Honey Badger coming for him :suspect:

• 7 months later...

Me and my mum have just seen a massive cat-like animal in our garden in Gleadless. It was stood over an average sized cat with it pinned down and was at least twice as big! Totally black and heard it before I saw it making a strange noise..

Never seen anything like it. Much bigger than a fox but had the walk of a cat, from what we could tell in the dark.

Me and my mum have just seen a massive cat-like animal in our garden in Gleadless. It was stood over an average sized cat with it pinned down and was at least twice as big! Totally black and heard it before I saw it making a strange noise..

Never seen anything like it. Much bigger than a fox but had the walk of a cat, from what we could tell in the dark.

Hmmm sounds like a walrus.

Archived