Fuel duty cut??

I don`t quite understand your point.

If the Government are giving me a bit of tax back and decreasing fuel tax, I`d rather they`d given me more income tax back*, and kept fuel prices as they are. The roads are too full anyway.......

* Alternatively :

Paid off more of this deficit they`re always moaning about.

or

Kept more of the services they say we`re going to have to do without, like a decent health service for instance.

Anything would be better than using my tax money to cut the price of fuel.

Yep every morning when I drive to work I think "Mmmmm look at all those targets"....:roll: You really need to get a grip..

Sarcasm and an insult, nice work.

Do you dispute the facts? The biggest single cause of death for children in this country being the motor car?

3000 deaths a year, you refute this, yes?

Far too little,we are being screwed over as usual.

Not really.

Owning a car is a luxury and it shouldn’t be a problem that it is priced as a luxury. The problem is that so many people feel they have no option but to buy fuel — that owning a car has become a necessity. Over the past fifty years people have incrementally lost their railway lines and bus services, their village shops, banks, post offices and doctors’ surgeries; new sprawling housing estates have grown up without any of these services; and employment has moved to car-centric out-of-town developments.

In a recession people cope by giving up a few luxuries. But this time they can’t give up the luxury of running a car because the alternative options have been taken away.

http://waronthemotorist.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/budget-notes/

all people, NOT just children!!! or do you have proof that 3000 children are killed a year by cars? as thats what you are banding around

No, there are three sentences in my post, you made the mistake of thinking they all refer to the same thing. I didn't say 3000 children, I said 3000 deaths.

Clear?

Sarcasm and an insult, nice work.

Do you dispute the facts? The biggest single cause of death for children in this country being the motor car?

3000 deaths a year, you refute this, yes?

actually the biggest cause of death in children is cancer, either prove it or stop throwing meaningless figures around trying to impress everybody

Archived