Fuel duty cut??

If they had continued with labour's fuel escalator we would have been paying 6p/ltre more....

If I understand this "fuel duty escalator " theory if the price of fuel goes up the duty is reversed and vice- versa. which to my mind suggests that the price of fuel is never going to change. we are stuck with the price when this comes into being!! so the price of fuel is not going to go down.

I think its funny how people on here and interviewed on the TV are moaning that a drop of 1p "is nothing".

Yet if petrol goes UP by 1p, its "an outrage". :rolleyes:

But the increase has not been implemented by the majority of petrol stations. It should have been brought in by 6pm last night!

give me a car that can do 120mpg or an electric car that can do 300 miles on a charge and i would buy it in a second, and i suspect most people would, but oil is used in 90% of things that we own, so we are all as guilty as each other over oil usage

Better get your purse out then :)

If I understand this "fuel duty escalator " theory if the price of fuel goes up the duty is reversed and vice- versa. which to my mind suggests that the price of fuel is never going to change. we are stuck with the price when this comes into being!! so the price of fuel is not going to go down.

You don't understand the fuel duty escalator.... :) you've described a stabiliser...

give me a car that can do 120mpg or an electric car that can do 300 miles on a charge and i would buy it in a second, and i suspect most people would, but oil is used in 90% of things that we own, so we are all as guilty as each other over oil usage

http://www.teslamotors.com/models

Have you brought the electric car yet? you said you would buy it in a second!

and get all your friends to buy one aswell , all talk no action total waste of time

Archived