Personal trainers in kickboxing

lol - freddie, i didn't even know that i had an "argument" - i was merely explaining why muai thai is more effective fighting art than kickboxing

you do seem to be taking this debate rather personally, as if any negative statement about kickboxing is a personal insult to you - as if you are somehow infalable and bound to choose the best ever martial art to practise - as if you could never make a mistake?

do you act this way when debating which football team is the best?

your comments about the techniques used in your kickboxing class are interesting - i checked out the AFK sheffield kickboxing site to find that at your club you practise several systems, taking techniques from boxing, muai thai, ju-jitsu, and taikwando

i even found in the gallery of the sheffieldkickboxing site this picture of a fighter (it doesn't say his name) dressed in muai thai shorts with a t-shirt on saying birmingham muai thai!

SV400021_t.jpg

:hihi:

so it seems that the kickboxing style that you are so avidly defending is not even kickboxing, (which is pretty much a mixture of japanese karate kicks and western boxing) but a fighting system formulated using techniques from various styles - the shin kicks you use are actually from thai boxing, as are the elbows, knees, and clinch work you mention practising

you don't even seem to know the history or rationale behind your own school - i don't like to say it, but seeing as you decided to mention it, talk about displaying your ignorance

now go and practise some muai thai like a good wannabe :clap:

You both talk crap to be honest

Henrietta

you heard of Ernesto Hoost from the VOS gym in amsterdam?

whats their gym come under the banner of?

KICKBOXING

thank you

What does AJK stand for ?

All Japan Kickboxing!

which allows low kicks and knees and they kick with the shin

The cagewarriors event tonight had some cage KICKBOXING bouts on it one of the figthers threw a lot of flying knees aimed at his opponents face. There was a lot of kicking bare shin to each others legs

Did they call it thaiboxing? NO? How dare they :P

Boo hoo hoo

sorry freddie, i don't follow you - could you please point out the crap in my postings?

the term kickboxing, while it specifically refers to the mash up made in the seventies outta karate kicks and boxing, does seem to be a bit of a catch all phrase for non specific full contact fighting arts

the style of kickboxing that you study is a mash up of several different fighting arts, muai thai is one of them

ask your teacher, he will tell you the same - it says so on the sheffieldkickboxing website - have you even read it?

and could you please be a bit more chilled and less rude?

there's no need to get personal and insulting

it's not like anyone's having a go at you - we are debating the relative merits of various martial arts -

Sorry dont agree woith you at all

the kickboxing that YOU refer to as kickboxing is a style called "FULL CONTACT" which allows kicks and punches above the waist.

I am familiar with Full contact as i have had a bout under these rules which i accepted reluctantly but i won all the same.

Now what about the kickboxing figths that allow leg kicks and knees and fight bare shin?

Are they "mish mash" styles too?

LOL

Freddy

Nope they're not a Mish Mash of styles, they're are just an example of Kick Boxing realising it's not nealry as effective as Muay Thai and therefore adapting it's rules to incorporate several Muay Thai techniques.

After looking at your clubs website (nice website) it does appear that although YOU might nave competed in Kick Boxing the club teaches MMA doesn't it. Besdies I thought your club was called AFK?

And out of curiosity I'd like to know which Thai Boxers Farjhad has beaten? Was it at Cards? Pontoon perhaps?

So how old is the term kickboxing and how old is the AJK?

I tried looking on the net and found a few refs to AJK sponsored fight but no real info.

Wondering why you quote AJK when you also say in an earlier post

"the leading kickboxing orgnaisations

e.g. WKA, WAKO-pro , ISKA, WKU and WKN"

It sounds as though some kickboxers weren’t happy with the rules and wanted low kicks added? Created a newer organisation/competition more like muay thai?

If the name kickboxing was then used isn’t the same misappropriation being used as you accuse the light continuous and semi contact boys off?

Garryn

AJK was started in the ealry 1970's

kickboxing originally started with low kicks

Kickboxing with kicks above waist was always called Full contact Karate the name kickboxing wasnt used till the PKA went bankrupt.

PKA= professional karate association

So yes kickboxing does have low kicks and always did have low kicks since its birth.

Stusonicos

if you have a problem with Farhad then what ever beef you have with him say it to his face dont go slaggin him off on here.

Well no one can say you don’t know your own mind Freddy!:thumbsup:

You’ll have to post when you next fight. If ticket prices are right I can see it being like a Pro-Wrestling match – (all the boos when Ric Flair approaches the ring)- with you wearing a Freddy Lee shirt.

:heyhey::hihi::heyhey::hihi:

You any idea when it’ll be?

i can't see where Stussonicos slagged off Farhad - when i read the post, it was asking which thai fighters he had beaten

how could that be construed as slagging someone off?

sounds like a reasonable question to me - not that i'm much interested in who can beat who, but it looks to me like you have misinterpreted the question as an insult

Archived