Bees - Please dont kill them

Please DO NOT kill BEES (particularly cruel and unnecessary is spraying with hairspray) They don't want to be in your house anymore than you want them there so just cover with a glass and slip a piece of card underneath to trap them and then release them outside. Bees are on the decline:sad:

Here here.

Also, the council should leave the grass and plants etc in certain places to just grow instead of cutting it, to allow bee's, and butterflies to flourish.

Here here.

Also, the council should leave the grass and plants etc in certain places to just grow instead of cutting it, to allow bee's, and butterflies to flourish.

I used to work for the council and once spotted some rather rare plants on The Ponderosa in Upperthorpe. I informed The Ecology Unit who were most excited but unfortunately the "gardeners" mowed them all to buggery before they had a chance to set seed. I asked them what had happened to them and their response was "What, do you mean those weeds?"

Lesson was learned however and in subsequent years areas were set aside to grow naturally until the plants had had a chance to disperse their seeds.

Dont kill bee's ... put them in the freezer for 2mins, let them shut down (but not die) then tie some string round them and hey presto! once it wakes up you have a ready made kite!

Not me but,

A lot of people kill honey bees thinking they are wasps but honey bees are much darker.

I have a honey bees nest on my front step and they have nested in the same spot for a few years now,they don't bother us at all i can even sit right next to the nest.

Archived